Sapphire sews200rwsf-A screen adjustment

thechompster200

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps. I really need some help with this screen. I want the screen to stop at a certain point and stop without me pressing the stop button. Its a 92" I have looked at instructions about using the supplied allen key to adjust it and even talked to a technition but just cant seem to do it at all. Would like it so everytime i use it the screen will stop at the same spot as when i used it last time. If someone has one of these screens and has done that your help would be great. Thanks

Standing in front the screen the hole for adjustment is on the left end on my sapphire screen, you need to locate the tool in the hole nearest you, they are both close together, turn it clockwise to reduce the screens drop. It won't be like a half turn adjustment, you may need many full turns to start reducing the drop. I would avoid touching the other screw which is nearest the screen material as that alters how far it's rolled back up.

Hi thanks for your reply. Before i do start adjusting the screen with the allen key how far down does the screen have to be sitting and will the screen start going down when ive done enough turns clockwise with the key? Thanks

Hi thanks for your reply. Before i do start adjusting the screen with the allen key how far down does the screen have to be sitting and will the screen start going down when ive done enough turns clockwise with the key? Thanks

You can adjust it when the screen is right up, or stop it half way down say, turn the forward most white hex screw clockwise then drop the screen down to see where your at. If it needs more adjustment I recommend raising the screen a little first.

Ive been trying for ages now. I can seem to adjust where it stops going up but cant get it to stop going down. Ive turned the allen key 1000 times anti clockwise and dropped the screen down again and again and it just wont stop not will it adjust down turning the allen key anti clockwise. I am either being very stupid or i have a faulty screen?

Ive been trying for ages now. I can seem to adjust where it stops going up but cant get it to stop going down. Ive turned the allen key 1000 times anti clockwise and dropped the screen down again and again and it just wont stop not will it adjust down turning the allen key anti clockwise. I am either being very stupid or i have a faulty screen?
Sounds like that's the wrong screw your adjusting, can you get a small torch and look into the little hole to make sure you have the tool on the correct hex adjuster ?.

Be careful you don't adjust the retract to pull it in to far.

Might be best to call sapphire again.

Turning the screw clockwise stops the screen from dropping down as far, not anti clockwise.

Here's a video,

These are limit switches, you need to wind them in so they are closer.
So you need to turn it like you are driving a screw into a piece of wood.
It sounds like you have wound it right out.

Hi. Thanks for your help guys. I will have another go later. Will wind it in loads clockwise and give it another go to see if the screen stops. If not i might have to give sapphire another call.

Great news. Winded it for ages clockwise and FINALLY got the screen to stop and am able to adjust it. Thanks again for all your help guys. Very much appriciated :)

Nice one :clap:

Just a thanks, bought a second hand one, and was only down 15cm or so, needed much lower!

Just trying to set mine up, I can get it to stop where I want on the drop but on the retract it goes right into the case and the motor keeps going till I have to stop it

Any idea which screw I need to adjust and in what direction to sort it, as I’m just going round in circles

Just trying to set mine up, I can get it to stop where I want on the drop but on the retract it goes right into the case and the motor keeps going till I have to stop it

Any idea which screw I need to adjust and in what direction to sort it, as I’m just going round in circles
Stumbled across this thread having just adjusted mine for the first time. Not sure if you saw the above video but it's the front screw, clockwise, to stop it retracting so far into the case. You may need to then lower it and raise it a few times to see where it stops until you know you've done it enough.

Have just adjusted ours and found that...
1) there were two hexes one ORANGE nearest the screen and at an angle, one GREEN nearest the room and dead verticle.
2) ORANGE was to adjust the DROP and GREEN was to adjust the TOP.
3) THE hexes work in OPPOSITE directions - ORANGE turn CLOCKWISE to RAISE and ANTICLOCKWISE to LOWER.
GREEN turn CLOCKWISE to LOWER and ANTI-CLOCKWISE to RAISE.
4) I became an expert at locating the hexes by feel without having to use a torch with one eye shut standing on one leg. 😂

Trust this will help someone else. 😎👍

One thing though, when I use the Harmony remote when turning everything off and raining the screen, it makes a noise for about 30 seconds once fully raised. When I use the projector remote it lowers and raises correctly without making the noise at the end. It was working fine the day before without making the noise. 🙄😕

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom