Sapphire Screens

i got my Sapphire screen from CVS - very helpful and excellent prices aswell.

Got Mine about a month ago, few waves but nothing that puts me off viewing
Cheers. Oh its an 197cm * 110cm remote IR. :D

Can say good price from CVS Media, but I had to pick mine up from Parceline, because their courier they used was really really rubbish. As in they could not fit the projector screen in their van/Lorry so i put it in my car when I picked it up. They never rang and we waited all day for it not to arrive

I MUST SAY NEVER NEVER USE PARCELINE, THEY ARE RUBBISH

Yup,
We've had some real nitemares with Parceline.
I have to admit, it's rare the deliveries go wrong but when they do, it's usually with Parceline.
Once the package leaves the warehouses, we are all at the mercy of the couriers.
The Sapphire screens are now delivered direct from the manufacturer's warehouse in the UK and they use several couriers. Generally they supply an excellent delivery service. (so far so good).
If ordered before 1.30pm (sometimes as late as 3.30pm), delivery is usually next day. Scotland occasionally receive deliveries a day later (it is several hundred miles away from the nearest warehouse) but this can be expected..hopefully.

Cheers

Nik,

Some more pictures of Sapphire Screen SEWS180R-WSF as per our PMs.

Guido

Attachments

• CIMG1633 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG1633 (Medium).JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 452
  • CIMG1636 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG1636 (Medium).JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 433
  • CIMG1639 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG1639 (Medium).JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 368
  • CIMG1640 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG1640 (Medium).JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 372
  • CIMG1641 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG1641 (Medium).JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 481
Guido, how noisy is your motor when lowering / raising the screen? I have one of these and it sounds quite loud, sort of a humming sound and a (excuse the description) clanky bearing sound (will have to do an .avi of it in action). Bit concerned about mine as you said your one was very quiet.

Guido, how noisy is your motor when lowering / raising the screen? I have one of these and it sounds quite loud, sort of a humming sound and a (excuse the description) clanky bearing sound (will have to do an .avi of it in action). Bit concerned about mine as you said your one was very quiet.

Mine is quiet.. was expecting something much noisier when delivered. Attached is a redcording made by holding my digital camera about 2 feet away in the middle of the screen. There is a slight clanking.. but nothing that makes me think bearings are knackered or anything.

Attachments

• CIMG1801.zip
    81.2 KB · Views: 152
Hi Guido

I bought a Sapphire SEWS180R very similar your the one in your pics just over 2 yrs ago. Recently the very slight clunking sound which mine also made turned into a very loud grinding sound and the screen won't retract any more. (screen goes down but not up)
Any advice on where I might be able to get it serviced/repaired???

Cheers
George
:confused:

Hi Guido

I bought a Sapphire SEWS180R very similar your the one in your pics just over 2 yrs ago. Recently the very slight clunking sound which mine also made turned into a very loud grinding sound and the screen won't retract any more. (screen goes down but not up)
Any advice on where I might be able to get it serviced/repaired???

Cheers
George
:confused:

Sorry, but have no idea... I'd have a go at unpicking yourself.. dont think there is much to it. As to where you would get it repaired... I'd maybe have a ring round current stockists of the screens.

Freemad - I too have an IN76 and have been looking for a screen for a few months now. Would you recommend the Sapphire you have? - Any negatives?

Many thanks

RS

Guido,

Bit concerned as to why your pictures are appearing on the CVSMedia website, see the following link:

http://www.cvsmedia.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=57_219_258_262

Either you work for them, and are not declaring it, they have nicked your photo, or you have given permission for them to use it.

For the integrity of your previous comments, I think we should be made aware of which one it is.

Thanks, James

Hi jkharmer,
I'm sure Guido will tell you this himself but he gave me permission to use the photo's.
If anyone else has other photo's they can offer me, I would really appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Guido,

Bit concerned as to why your pictures are appearing on the CVSMedia website, see the following link:

http://www.cvsmedia.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=57_219_258_262

Either you work for them, and are not declaring it, they have nicked your photo, or you have given permission for them to use it.

For the integrity of your previous comments, I think we should be made aware of which one it is.

Thanks, James

Hi... its the last option... I gave permission for them to use the picture... although I did say that they should credit AVForums for the image... which they havent :rolleyes: Note they have used the picture for all the sizes of Sapphire, whereas my screen is SEWS180R-WSF model.

Ok I'm new to PJ's and screens, about to get a AE700, and need a screen, so far it seems I'm best directed to CVS, and a Saphire screen, I want something that has about 80-90inch diagonal, manual. But which one !!! I'm told I need a fibrglass based one as they last longer and don't curl etc.. ???

Should I get a high gain one to help if the room is not total darkness ?

Budget I hoped for was around £100 (or less ;)

The other makes listed, are they ok ?.....

Oh and need it to arrive Friday latest !!!

Hi, I ordered a 106" screen from CVS. It was delivered 28 hours later.:cool:
It appears to be a good screen. Smooth quiet operation and no wrinkles to speak of. First screen for my first projector, looking forward to getting my projector next week.:clap:
regards stasis.

I've recently installed one of these

http://www.projectorscreen.co.uk/pp/Projector_Screens/Projector_Screens/Sapphire_Mayfair_Series_Electric_IR_Remote_Control_Projection_Screen_-_2030mm_by_1140mm_16by9_Format.html

from the above supplier and am very pleased with it.

I've programmed my Harmony remote so when I want to watch something on the projector one button does it all, including lowering the screen, very cool!

it took a couple of days for the smell to die down a bit but installing the screen was very easy including setting the lower drop limit.

All in all I'm very happy with it and the service from "Projector Screen"

Purchased a 1.8m, 16:9 Sapphire manual wall screen in March 2009 and have been pretty satisfied with it, aluminium casing is neat and well finished and the screen material good, free at the moment of any ripples. Fitting is excellent and allows one to go to a varying screen sizes without having to alter the the position of the floating wall brackets which I chose to use (fitted into the reveal of the window). Mechanism has been no trouble and locks at desired position. Now considering next size up but can only have manual pull down as motor model cases are longer. Pity they only seem to have one screen material as I would like to employ a high contast grey screen. Previous screen was a high contrast 72 X 72 Da-lite with claimed gain of 2.5 (optomistic) but over a period of three years it developed screen ripples which although not serious were irritating under certain projection conditions. Da-lite manufacturer a number of screen materials to suit many projector conditions but have not resolved the rippling effect to my knowledge. Overall, the Sapphire range which I purchased from Premier Group in Newport, are good value for money and cheaper than Da-lite.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom