Wanted Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by tomxlisa, Mar 13, 2013.

1. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Looking for a Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT, anyone got one for sale?.

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

2. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Anyone?.

3. xTheKiDx

xTheKiDx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Any reason for this specific card, or will you consider others?

4. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well i was gonna buy a new one which was in my price range, but thought i'd try here first to maybe save myself some cash, wouldn't want a card any less in performance than that one.

5. xTheKiDx

xTheKiDx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    From what I can find, that is around £200?

Would you be interested in 2x MSI 560Ti Twin Frozr II 2GB OC? I'd be looking for slightly more than the £200 of the 7870 for both, but the performance is far greater, if your motherboard can do SLI of course.

6. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I think my motherboard can do crossfire if that is the same, this being two cards performing as one you gotta expect it to be better than the 7870 XT really, it's like if i had two 7870's in crossfire, that would be better than the 560TI wouldn't it, but maybe if i can get two of these for the same price as a 7870 it would be better for my money and performance, what about heat issue though, would running two be a heat problem?.

7. xTheKiDx

xTheKiDx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    You will need to check it can do SLI, crossfire is for ATI cards, and SLI is for Nvidia cards, most if not all modern motherboards do both.

What you are saying is sort of correct, the 560Ti alone is slightly slower than the 7870 (greatly depends on the game), but two 560Ti's in SLI are a lot faster.

The heat issue depends on your case, but these are MSI Twin Frozr II edition cards, so the cooler is extremely good, I doubt you would have any problems whatsoever, they also run very quiet.

I would be looking for around £220 for both delivered, so if you look at it from a price point of view then they are definitely better value when it comes to price for performance than a new 7870. However it does depend if you want to spend that much, if you were looking to spend less then it probably isn't a good choice ;)

8. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Oh right, is the 560TI only slightly slower than the 7870 XT then, i would of thought the XT was much faster especially as the 7870 XT is based on the new core which the 7950 uses so it is on par with the 7900 series performance, i think maybe £220 is slightly more than i wanted to pay, but depends if it is worth it, i was just gonna pay out for the XT now and then maybe in the future get another one and run it in crossfire, (which would be quicker than the two 560TI's)

9. xTheKiDx

xTheKiDx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    When I say slightly, for example some games it is just 3 fps slower, but in others the difference can be as much as 30 fps (but then these games run over 60 FPS still), like I say, it really depends on the game. Another thing to mention is the charts I used for comparison only have the stock 560Ti with 1GB memory, so the higher resolution games do badly on it compared to the 2GB 7870, the version I have is 2GB and I believe stock overclocked, so performance may well be on par with a 7870.

The 7870 will be more power efficient for the performance it gives though, as it is a newer generation.

If you get a used 7870 now, and then another later for crossfire, that will of course work out better value, however you won't have the graphics power right now, so it really depends what you are aiming for and what games you play, as the 7870 does struggle with some.

10. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    So i guess the 7870 XT in crossfire would be quicker than the two 560TI's then, also what games do the 7870 XT suffer with, i think i have looked at loads and most games in 1920x1080 it doesn't have any problems with?.

11. xTheKiDx

xTheKiDx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yes 7870 Crossfire would beat the 560Ti 2GB SLI, but I'm not sure the difference would be huge. However, it's not really a fair comparison as the cost for the 7870 crossfire setup is nearly twice as much as the 560Ti cards.

Some games like Crysis Warhead, Metro 2033, Battlefield 3.

Framerates for these range from 28 to 41, not sure how old the benchmarks are. The link is here, notice how the biggest differences are for large resolutions or games where the memory size matters, so difference would be a lot less with the 2GB 560Ti. Unfortunately it's not a great chart to use, as the cards aren't the same and so performance will be different, but at least it gives an idea.

Like I said though, it depends on what you want. If a 7870 will suffice for now, then you can pick another up later, but the total price will most likely be more than the two 560Ti's, however the performance will be slightly better, and power consumption lower.

If you want the performance now, then the 560Ti's are a great option being only slightly more than the 7870 you are after, but much higher performance together, especially on your resolution. (The difference in price is of course more if you manage to find a used 7870).

12. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Do see where your coming from, but i guess it comes down to if i want a single 7870 XT or two 560 TI's, as i've heard some games don't work too well in SLI, and from what i can see the 7870 XT (which is different from all the other 7870's as it has the performance of a 7950) works very well on 1920x1080, but i know what you are saying about the two 560 TI's, for the same money roughly i could have much better performance, i am guessing if i had two of them in my pc i wouldn't need to worry about upgrading at the moment, as i am sure the 560 TI's in SLI would handle most games for a good while?.

13. xTheKiDx

xTheKiDx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yes, you are right regarding the SLI issue (crossfire appears to be even worse), some games do not like SLI, but most new games have little to no issues. Using SLI now means no upgrade option later, which is something to consider.

The 560Ti's would certainly last longer than a single 7870, and the 2GB will allow for good visual appearance capacity on newer games at your resolution when they start using more memory.

There are many things to consider when making your choice, hopefully I've helped to answer some questions, rather than confusing you!

14. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah you have helped and definitely give me something to think about, (just when my mind was made up on the card i wanted too, ha ha) i will see if i can find some reviews or videos on the two 560 TI's, would love to see some benchmarks or summat showing the fps in games with the two 560 TI's.

15. xTheKiDx

xTheKiDx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Sorry about that :p

Make sure you find reviews for the correct cards, the performance will be a lot different to the stock card (like with the XT). For reference it is the MSI 560Ti Twin Frozr II 2gb OC.

16. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks, i will look around, if you find anything, link it here and i will look at it.

17. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I think after doing some reading i am gonna stick with the single card idea of the 7870 XT. Thanks for your offer though.

18. tomxlisa

tomxlisa
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Update:

Wanted - Sapphire 7870 XT 2Gb or Sapphire 7950 3Gb, would go for the 7950 at the right price. : )

19. andiuk007

andiuk007
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,868
    If you want the 7950 wanted being noticed you might be better adding it to the title of the OP bud :)