Sapphire Radeon 9000 Vivo 64mb

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by HMHB, Oct 7, 2002.

1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,132
    I'm looking to purchase a Sapphire Radeon 9000 Vivo 64mb graphics card from ebuyer but have a few questions first:-

1) Have ATI got their drivers together these days ? I've always found them lacking in the past and the performance of the card suffered as a result
    2) I'm hoping to be able to run the computer this card will be going in through the television in my bedroom. Can I do this without having a monitor attached ?
    3) What sort of performance does this card give ? It would be my 1st non Geforce card for a while and I'm unsure what to expect.

Any comments/suggestions would be gratefully received

2. iwilson

iwilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The new catalyst drivers are a marked improvement and the 9000 is the preferred HTPC card (10 bit dacs etc). Get the standard verison not the pro if noise is a concern (the standard doesn't come with a fan).

You're not going to be blown away if using the tv out. I think the resolution is limited to 800x600.

The card is good value for the money and the competition (Geforce MX series).

Ian

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,132
    Thanks for the input mate - I think I'll go ahead and get one as it's not too much money anyway. I can put up with the reduced resolution as it is not my main computer.