Sapphire Acoustic Transparent Screen Performance

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by boxer dog, Jan 24, 2018.

1. boxer dog

boxer dog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    FB654B10-5438-4F73-99E3-590C818FD5B5.jpeg 5C019A35-E688-4E12-8FE3-310025F16C1E.jpeg I have had this Sapphire screen for a couple of years and am generally very pleased with it but have never really seen many other reviews on it. I wondered if there were any other owners out there and how they rate the screen and reasons for choosing it. To be clear, only the top section (black) is acoustically transparent. As you can see this suits my needs perfectly as I have two young children so my LCR MKs are mounted (far from ideal) high up the wall to keep away from fingers, toys, jam etc. And then the sound passes straight through the black section.
    I will be looking to upgrade to a JVC PJ later this year as my long serving Optoma is dying a slow death of white sparkles on the screen ☹️ and wondered how everyone else generally mounted the centre speaker in particular as I may change the whole set up to a full A/T screen to get the speakers a bit lower.

2. bravogolf

bravogolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I can’t really help here as have no experience. I do have a Stewart StudioTek screen though, and wow are their screens amazing. I have very limited space so centre speaker is on ground and angles up. But they do offer fully acoustically transparent screens too ...

3. boxer dog

boxer dog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    Hey thanks I will will check that series of screen out.