Question Saphi OS

RealityDysfunction

Standard Member
Do people think that Philips will drop Saphi from their line-up in the next couple of years? They don't seem to have put the effort into supporting it that, for instance, Samsung and LG have in developing there operating systems. I seems to me that switching completely to Android would allow them to effectively outsource a lot of the development. Agree or disagree?

HeroHomer

Novice Member
AFAIK, SAPHI was intended to become their in-house 'Smart' O.S. on the low to medium ranges of TV to offset the need to use Android on those. However, that would require some development of SAPHI, which has been, apart from a few bug-fixes, non-existent.

SAPHI has stood still. It is sooo 2017/2018 as a Smart OS.

AVtest

I think Philips just does not bother with both.... I have Android tv which I think only had 3-4 updates and honestly saying none of them did address main issues. All Philips was interested in is getting Freeview on and Disney plus.... Their forum is useless too as content gets deleted.
Saphi will stay as I guess it drives some revenue directly to philips for them due to licencing, but would not expect miracles. All they interested is in market share from apps store.

You just cant compare Samsung, SONY and LG to Philips, completely different business ethics, values and market targets. Philips yet long way to go with their ignorance :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom