Saorsat setting (10758V12500) not valid if country set as UK.

DIY Brian

Novice Member
Reaction score
Saorsat setting (10758V12500) not valid if country set as UK.

LG TV 55NANO796NE Have been able to set up Saorsat with new transponder settings 10758V12500 (updated July 2020) using country as Ireland fantastic RTE reception in Co Down N.I. however have not been able to do similar setup if the country is then set to UK. Factory reset each time so not able to retain Ireland settings.

Is this something to do with broadcast licensing?

Please can any one offer help as to how to get around this problem.

Best Regards.

Last edited:
No, geography! Eire is not part of the UK! You can have one or the other, but not both. At face value, you’ll need an external box, with the TV set to one country and the external box the other. I’d go Eire for the TV, and UK for the box. A Manhattan Freesat box is cheap enough. It’s not ideal, and there might be other options. I suppose it depends on how tome, effort and cash you want to spend on trying to get broadcasts from both Eire and the UK.

It’s a pity that the Saorsat footprint doesn’t extend to the UK. I always think it a bit odd that in Eire, viewers can access the BBC channels and C4, but we can’t see any output from RTE. licensing and money, no doubt.

Isn't the service over at 28.2E 'soft' encrypted using Sky's VideoGuard and also on a very tight spot beam?

Unless you are referring to the service over at 9.0E which transmits at 20,192 MHz | 12,500 SR | 5/6 FEC, using 'left' circular polarisation...

Last edited:
No, geography! Eire is not part of the UK! You can have one or the other, but not both. At face value, you’ll need an external box, with the TV set to one country and the external box the other. I’d go Eire for the TV, and UK for the box. A Manhattan Freesat box is cheap enough. It’s not ideal, and there might be other options. I suppose it depends on how tome, effort and cash you want to spend on trying to get broadcasts from both Eire and the UK.the free

It’s a pity that the Saorsat footprint doesn’t extend to the UK. I always think it a bit odd that in Eire, viewers can access the BBC channels and C4, but we can’t see any output from RTE. licensing and money, no doubt.
Thank you for the prompt reply.
Yes , have to agree it seems one sided, the real issue seems to be that if the LG tv is set to UK there isn't an obvious way to add another satellite and the setup is stuck with our friend at 28 degrees E! yet if the settings are changed to Ireland there are loads of satellites listed which seems rather unfair. The drawback with this is when the freeview antenna is tuned with the Ireland setting the programme listing is as if one was in Eire.
Is it only LG that seems to be prohibiting the addition of satellites when in the UK?
For your information, for what it's worth, the circular shaped spot covers North as well as South simply because Donegal in the top West of the island has to be covered as it is in Eire.

Isn't the service over at 28.2E 'soft' encrypted using Sky's VideoGuard and also on a very tight spot beam?

Unless you are referring to the service over at 9.0E which transmits at 20,192 MHz | 12,500 SR | 5/6 FEC, using 'left' circular polarisation...
Thank you for prompt reply.
Yes it is the satellite at 9.0E, the picture received at my location when using the Ireland setting is excellent even in really wet weather.
10758V12500 are the figures entered into the LG TV to get RTE programmes which correspond to your transmit figures.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom