Sanyo Z4 superb

rdundas

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My first PJ and I love it. I have it going through a Lumagen DVI scaler but have not tweaked it at all. No need so far. I have found a suitABLE PRESET FOR THE FILMS i HAVE WATCHED. hAVE NOT NOTICED aUTO iRIS YET. aM NERVOUS ABOUT STARTING TO TWEAK, BECAUSE THEN YOU LOOK CLOSER AT THE PICTURE INSTEAD OF THE MOVIE AND i DO NOT WANT TO START NOTIcing faults I do not see just now.
Apologies for the caps lock there. Happy to answer any questions but to any newbies out there, please put some peoples posts on PJs in perspective, they have had a few PJs and are looking quite rightly at the fine details, looking for improvements on other models and we need that to get the best out of our pJs. but do not let it put you off. The Sanyo anyway, out of the box is a very filmic image and I am now "At the Pictures" when I enter my garage. Also many thanks to Joe Fernand at the media factory for helping with the instal. I literally could not have done it without him. You will see him on the forums and I highly recommend using him.

Wow, glad i don't have a hangover, otherwise that shouting would have given me a headache :rotfl:

Good to see you're impressed with it. After much deliberation of what projector to go for, ordered up one myself yesterday. I'm going from a Z2 to a Z4, looking forward to seeing what the difference is.

I know, I did apologice for knocking the caps lock on with my fat stubby fingers. Was just too early in the morning to delete and type again.
Yes it will be interesting to see the difference between the Z2 and Z2 :D I hope some improvemants are clear between these two widely different models

I think its called a Like for Like upgrade :)

Hopeful rdundas gets the Digital camera out soon - the conversion from Garage to Mini Cinema is excellent and a great job for relatively low cost (as long as you don't add up the cost of the sound system!!!).

Best regards

Joe

After much deliberation of what projector to go for, ordered up one myself yesterday. I'm going from a Z2 to a Z4, looking forward to seeing what the difference is.
You will have to post your thoughts as i am a Z2 owner and it will be interesting to know what the improvements are.

ROne said:
You have seriously narrowed down your choice there ...

LOL, noted and amended!

I could say that :-

(a) My mind was occupied with a torrent of outstanding ideas and hard to grap concepts
(b) It's a variation on your Z3.5, but it's more like a Z2.00000000000000001 (which is easier to type rounded down)

But in truth just hadn't had my second coffee.............

The conversion from a concrete garage to Home cinema cost about £2000 give or take. I do have a contact which meant the floor and wall carpeting only cost me £95 and it was a second hand suite for the seating, which only stood me at £100, so this helped. Also had a friend who was a sparks. I only have a crappy dig. camera but will see if it can take anything usable. Obviously if anyone is in or around Falkirk/Grangemouth way, they are more than welcome to arrange to come around for a nosey and to check out the Z4.

Cheers
Ray

inzaman said:
After much deliberation of what projector to go for, ordered up one myself yesterday. I'm going from a Z2 to a Z4, looking forward to seeing what the difference is.
You will have to post your thoughts as i am a Z2 owner and it will be interesting to know what the improvements are.

I am thinking of getting the Z4 too although still haven't decided between Z4 & AE900. I should probably pay a visit to Royjowett for a demo :)

My gut feeling is that more great things still to come for the Z4 once ROne starts playing with the filters.

rdundas said:
Obviously if anyone is in or around Falkirk/Grangemouth way, they are more than welcome to arrange to come around for a nosey and to check out the Z4.
Ray

Hope you've got the garage airtight, if it's still the same as when i worked there a few years back, all those chemicals in the air could play havoc with your projector. :rotfl:

I am so so close to buying a Sanyo Z4, my first projector : :thumbsup: , however a lot of talk about how it does not handle 480i well, ... I notice you mention a video scaler, have you tried using it without and how does it work then?

Joe

I liked the lumagen when I had it with my 50" Pioneer plasma a while back. I heard the scaler on the Z2 had not been too hot, so thought I would get one. Cannot try without it I am afraid as I use it as a Video Hub, so I only had to hang 1 signal cable from the front of the garage to the back, sorry.

ahh thanks, sounds like a very nice projector. Its even worth getting a cheap 480p DVD player for this

What type of screen (white/grey) gain are you using?

Sorry for all the questions, but you are cementing my thoughts on this,... will be soon I will click 'Add to basket' :eek: :D :D

joe

Its a white screen from Owl. Not sure on Gain as I bought here second hand on the forum. I do not think it is high gain. As my room can be totally blacked ou it is not necessary

rdundas said:
I do have a contact which meant the floor and wall carpeting only cost me £95

Very interested in this contact as i couldn't get anyone to agree to do mine here.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200811&highlight=adrenochrome

rdundas said:
Obviously if anyone is in or around Falkirk/Grangemouth way, they are more than welcome to arrange to come around for a nosey and to check out the Z4.

Cheers
Ray

I Am local and wouldn't mind having a nosey at the Z4. Mr Gillan will vouch for me ;)

Whoa, do you you think mentioning Jims name is a benfit then :) You are more then welcome. Feel free to PM me if you fancy popping down.

rdundas said:
Whoa, do you you think mentioning Jims name is a benfit then :) You are more then welcome. Feel free to PM me if you fancy popping down.

Actually, Im swithering over the z4 and would love a demo too and localish (edinburgh). I dont know Jim if thats any help.

Maybe make it the same night if that helps?

P

Would be more than happy. Feel free to PM me and let me know when you fancy

Cheers
Ray

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom