Sanyo Z3

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by grahambateman, Oct 31, 2004.

1. grahambateman

grahambateman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    My sony bulb has just blown on my projector. Instead of replacing this i feel it might be time to upgrade to a newer unit. I have read that the new Sanyo z3 is very good , and not that expensive . I have seen it for just under £1300.
    Anybody got one yet , or would i be better to save myself £250 , and go for the z2 which is being phased out.
    I would rather have the Z3 as i believe that the Z2 had a problem with dust getting behind the lenses , according to some of the threads here.

Thanks for your help.
    Regards
    Graham. : :lease:

2. Tup

Tup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Z2 and like it....however, if I were to buy today....I would consider the Panasonic AE700 unless you need the greater lens shift of the Z3. Another more expensive alternative would be the Sony HS50.

3. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    most places still seem to recommend the ae700 rather than the z3, which kind of surprises me (because of the VB)....
    Still it seems the Z3 may have Iris problems on the cine4home site...

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,794
    Does nobody have one of these yet? I can't believe the apparent lack of interest in this projector.. perhaps everyone that bought a Z2 isn't ready to upgrade yet or perhaps this isn't considered an upgrade... Surely this must be better than the Z2 which in itself wasn't bad and this has some nice features (the lens shift is better than on e.g. the AE700 and the vacuum pump for removing dust blobs is a good idea if it works!). Anybody seen this, it seems very difficult to get any ideas about it's performance despite the fact it's available to buy as we speak...

Cheers,
    Andy.

5. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am interested in the Z3. At 23dB it sounds ideal to my situation (see my thread which projector) the only thing is I like the sound of the screen door minimiser on the Panasonic does the z3 have somthing similar I wonder?