1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z3 & Scart-VGA Cable

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Plastictree, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Plastictree

Plastictree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I live in Italy and last week I bought a Sanyo PLV-Z3 (in Germany, they cost a lot less than in Italy). I need to connect a Sky Box with the projector: on the back of the SB there're two Scart: uno just composite and the other with the RGB signals. Of course I'd like to use this one and I think I need a SCART ---> VGA cable so I can connect it to the VGA-D15 input on the Z3 (tha same for PCs). I found the Sanyo cable PAO-CA-SCART with the right features: do you think is this the right choice? Will I get a big improvement in the picture quality? Thanks a lot.

PS I read about High Definition offered by SKY in UK: is it already available or not? What kind of decryption system do you use in your country? Ciao!

2. triumphtiger

triumphtiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry, couldn't find any info about the Sanyo PAO-CA-SCART cable on the web.
    I bought my scrta (rgb)->Vga cable from an online store here in Sweden.
    Gives a very nice picture from my cable-tv-decoder.

Just remember to switch a setting on the Z3. Think it's called VGA PC to VGA VIDEO.

3. Plastictree

Plastictree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much did you pay for it? The original Sanyo cable will cost to me something like 50 Euros but I don't know anything about his quality (I hope it'll be at least good, Sanyo would like to have happy customers for their projectors :) . Once connected with this cable do you used any special menu settings to improve the quality of the signal? Thanks

4. triumphtiger

triumphtiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I paid 595:- (Swedish kronor), about EUR 65.
    It's not the greatest cable I have ever bought, but it's good enough.

I get the best picture if I start from the "Video"-setting, and then make some small adjustments.

Here's the place where I bought it:
    http://www.hembiobutiken.se/produkt.asp?pgrpnr=108010