1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo z3 is it worth £868?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jumpt_upmunky, Oct 19, 2005.

1. jumpt_upmunky

jumpt_upmunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    just been looking at my various upgrade options after my panasonic ae100 died I've narrowed it down to z3 or z4. Luckily I can afford both.
    After reading r0nes reviews it seems I may be better off going for the z3 and saving myself £400.
    I'll be using a prog scan dvd player and an xbox (and a 360 in the future)

Any thoughts?

2. thechicco

thechicco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    certainly worth it. I think Pixmania still have them available, not sure if you get the free lamp voucher though. Why not wait for a bit until the Z4 settles and people want to offload their Z3's?

3. jumpt_upmunky

jumpt_upmunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    yeah it was pixmania I was looking at, but then i started reading reviews about their projectors coming with french manuals and other assorted tales of woe!

4. thechicco

thechicco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never ordered from Pixmania personally but a few on here have. I would assume that the PJ itself is UK specced. Documentation could be foreign, but then again you could always download an English manual and print it out. Just make sure the PJ is UK specced and warranty is UK too. Why not give them a call?

5. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine was from Japan. No problems, works a treat. i'd say snap up z3 right now or wait until december when we will prob know whcih of the next gen is the best. plus prices will be cheaper. dont believe any retailer who says otherwise and says ooh you might miss out! rubbish, with so much ne wpjs out you are more statistically likely to regret not waiting! so either wait or get the z3 now is my advice. And dont worry about a french one - check warranty yourself.

6. JiveTalker

JiveTalker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a digital camera from Pixmania last year and their service was excellent. I had a few queries about things and rang them and they always rang me back exactly when they said they would and I was very impressed with their service.

They did want to do a security check before accepting my order and personally I think that shows a responsible attitude rather than expecting the credit card companies to foot the bill for fraudulent purchases. I've also ordered photo prints from Pixmania and so far everything has always been delivered in less than 7 days, sometimes much quicker.

As regards manuals, I would have thought that the manual would be written in 10-12 languages anyway, that seems pretty standard these days.

I think it is a good to check with Sanyo regarding the warranty but I would have thought under european union law that it must be valid within the whole european union although I suppose they could insist that you have to deal with the division in the country of purchase?

Anyway, I'd be very surprised if Sanyo UK had an issue with a French purchase. Does anyone have experience of this?

7. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    With respect Sainthalo, and I presume your rather pointed remark was aimed at my observations in another thread, shortages are predicted on all the new models, as there always are shortages. AE100 lists anyone?

Jumpt Upmonkey - If you can find a Z3 atm go for it, worth every penny and quite a rare beast.