Sanyo Z3 & Denon DVD 2910 - HDMI problems

THX Jedi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Help !!

I have had a Sanyo Z3 for a few months now, working fine without any problems. This weekend I got a Denon DVD 1920 with a 15m Chord HDMI Silver Plus cable.

From reading both manuals all i need to do i select the HDMI input on the projector, press the HDMI button twice (to select 720p option), however, the Denon does not seem to realise the projector is connected (flashing HDMI light on fron panel) or vise versa, component video output works fine.

Also, my projector firmware is version 1.01 (the update version from reading other posts), and i have had the cable tested and it works fine.

From what i am reading on the forum here, the Z3's HDMI can be a little trying....

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks.

THX Jedi said:
Help !!

I have had a Sanyo Z3 for a few months now, working fine without any problems. This weekend I got a Denon DVD 1920 with a 15m Chord HDMI Silver Plus cable.

From reading both manuals all i need to do i select the HDMI input on the projector, press the HDMI button twice (to select 720p option), however, the Denon does not seem to realise the projector is connected (flashing HDMI light on fron panel) or vise versa, component video output works fine.

Also, my projector firmware is version 1.01 (the update version from reading other posts), and i have had the cable tested and it works fine.

From what i am reading on the forum here, the Z3's HDMI can be a little trying....

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks.

I've got to say i have never needed to press the hdmi remote button twice for the Z3 to go 720p - it just does it from the HTPC.

I have a suspicion based on my usage of the HDMI port of the Z3 that there is some setting on the DVD player that needs to be made. My first port of call would be to have a read of the manual or post a link to the manual and we can start from there.

It could of course be the lead but it sounds like you have a good quality lead - is there any way you can rule this lead out of the problem? At the very least insect it carefully for any visible sign of wear, damage etc.

sainthalo said:
I've got to say i have never needed to press the hdmi remote button twice for the Z3 to go 720p - it just does it from the HTPC.

I have a suspicion based on my usage of the HDMI port of the Z3 that there is some setting on the DVD player that needs to be made.

The two button presses the OP refers to is setting the 2910s HDMI to output 720p instead of a normal 480/576p signal.

When I first set up my 3910 and AE500 with HDMI (QED 7m cable & Lindy HDMI > DVI adaptor at PJ end) I got the flashing HDMI indicator too, mine was simply because the cable wasn;t pushed home proerly, the connector was much tighter than I expected and I was worried about causing any damage, but a good shove soon rectified my problem.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the post, problem solved - cable not in the back of the projector

No problem mate, I guess you didn't want to damage your new toys either. :D

I also have a Sanyo Z3 / Denon 1920 combination.
HDMI works but...
Sometimes, not always, press the stop button or put a new disc in and the
connection is corrupted - probably something to do with HDCP.
I cycling green / brown screens.
No amount of button pressing can fix this - only the passage of time seemingly (E.G. switch everything off and connection is okay the next evening - switch everything off for a few seconds and the problem is still there - hard to confirm given switching projectors on and off quickly is difficult to do without harm).
Does anybody else experience this and/or have a solution?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom