1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z3 calibration

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Supersonic, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Supersonic

Supersonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Does anyone know if the Z3 'remembers' its settings for NTSC and PAL signals separately?

I want to calibrate for NTSC and PAL DVDs and was wondering if I have to use 2 user settings memories or if it will remember them itself. Thanks!

2. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a Z3 and it appears it only "remembers" the user saved settings.

You have 4 to player with eg. user 1-4 so you could just save your desired settings in 1 and 2 and the remote has the user 1-4 buttons on it so changing is a doddle when required.

ps. Its my first projector but I am absolutley blown away by the picture quality the Z3 can produce :)

3. Supersonic

Supersonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks - that's what I thought, a bit of a shame, but 4 should be enough - 2 for DVD (1 PAL, 1 NTSC) then 1 for s-video input (xbox) and one spare, will maybe use for HDMI input.

I'm also very happy with the PQ of the Z3 - I won't get into the DLP/LCD arguments as I suffer rainbows badly and haven't yet seen a watchable DLP! Not below £2000 anyway.