Sanyo Z2000 full 1080p. D7 panels.

gandley

Prominent Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• grobi-z2000.jpg
    grobi-z2000.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 269
Yowza wowza! This is interesting. I wonder if Epson and Mitsubishi will debut projectors with these panels? Why no increase in contrast ratio though? Darn it! That's what we're all looking for more than anything. At least I am. Increased brightness and lower noise may be very pleasing improvements though.

Can't make out from the article whether it both supports and displays 24fps (getting to be the big issue for me)?

You'd think it was a bit of a fundamental requirement these days, but the specs say :

Scanning Frequency:
Horizontal: 15-80 KHz; Vertical: 50-100 Hz
Dot clock 100 MHz or less

These preclude both 24fps and 1080p 50/60Hz input, hopefully this only refers to the analogue input but its odd that 1080p isn't mentioned anywhere...

John.

Can't make out from the article whether it both supports and displays 24fps (getting to be the big issue for me)?

Some Babelfish translated japanese on the Sanyo:

As for HDMI terminal input terminal of Ver.1.3a correspondence 2 systematic equipment. It corresponds to 1080/24p input and DeepColor. In addition in addition to of HDMI, component input have made 1080p correspondence.

:D

Wow looks good. just hoping that the dollar price indicated won't become £2700 when it finally goes on sale here. I wish that these companys would quote a contrast ratio with and without AI function.

Nigel

19db is the sort of thing that will get one of these wifely approval in my house....

can't wait for this. hope the reviews are good! may-be my next buy!:cool:

Some Babelfish translated japanese on the Sanyo:

As for HDMI terminal input terminal of Ver.1.3a correspondence 2 systematic equipment. It corresponds to 1080/24p input and DeepColor. In addition in addition to of HDMI, component input have made 1080p correspondence.

:D

Just to confirm, Sanyo UK have informed us that the Z2000 will display 1080p at 24 frames per second but only through its HDMI inputs.

Any inkling of a UK price yet Ken?

We're awaiting final price. We've suggested to Sanyo what we think the price should be and they are well aware that the 1080p market is filling up rapidly so it's going to be competitive.....

We're awaiting final price. We've suggested to Sanyo what we think the price should be and they are well aware that the 1080p market is filling up rapidly so it's going to be competitive.....

:) *

*Damn all these new pj's coming out....decisions, decisions. :rolleyes:

I presume this is the same panel as in the new Panasonic PT-AE2000 and the Epson EMP-TW2000. Now in a Sanyo Z2000. Nice uniform product naming at least! Hope the initial price of all these also matches the product number or comes in under.

hi, please keep is informed ken. and thanks for the z2 i bought many years ago from you! its still going strong on first bulb and i am enjoying blu ray at 720p via dvi!
thanks again. jamie :hiya:

This PJ could really shake up the market if it comes in at close to £1500.

With the new D7 panels, native contrast should be given a significant boost and if it comes to market with the usual Sanyo PJ strengths this one could become a big seller.

This PJ could really shake up the market if it comes in at close to £1500.

With the new D7 panels, native contrast should be given a significant boost and if it comes to market with the usual Sanyo PJ strengths this one could become a big seller.

:uk:
Well 1500£ sounds a little bit 2 good to hope for,you must add the consideration about the amount of the ("manufactor?") UK Rip off...
1223£ street price with a wellknown and popular Authorized&Trusted Sanyo dealer in USA,
add 63,5 % to it and you'll have 1999£ streetprice in the UK...
thats my best guess!

such a shame on a damn fine projector!
(and i bet you i aint wrong about thoose numbers!)

But hey! there are at least 5 decent pricecomparison sites whitin the European Community (that list up to 80 shops/projector)
and theres no potential hassle with either VAT or Customs and such...
incase of any warranty issues it probably cost less than 20£ for shipments back to the shop where you did your shopping.
maybe it's the best way for us consumers to actually put some pressure on things?
(google translate is there for you)

I really dont get it! isn't it about the same distance from Japan to Europe
as from Japan to US?,
and about the same amount of citizens...
maybe it's time for us citizens to consider Europen community as our potential place of shop.
275 mill. citizens
1500 selling shops?
could be some competition there you think?

http://europa.eu/abc/european_countries/index_en.htm

any more news yet anyone???

Our Sanyo account manager "hopes" to have pricing early next week.....

Ken, Ivojo got a thanks further up, and I wanted to add my thanks for great service on a Sanyo Z3 I am looking at the output from as I type. Also still going strong on first bulb 2 years on.

In particular I wanted to mention the service agency you are/were associated with in London were excellent. Hope you still use them. Can't think of their name or i'd mention them too.

Anyway, the real reason for posting is that for the reasons above I'll happily consider the Sanyo even though I am more thinking of HD1/PTAE2000/WV60. Hell, I might even save some money.

:uk:
Well 1500£ sounds a little bit 2 good to hope for,you must add the consideration about the amount of the ("manufactor?") UK Rip off...
1223£ street price with a wellknown and popular Authorized&Trusted Sanyo dealer in USA,
add 63,5 % to it and you'll have 1999£ streetprice in the UK...
thats my best guess!

such a shame on a damn fine projector!
(and i bet you i aint wrong about thoose numbers!)

I hope you're wrong on that, but I reckon you're probably going to be almost spot on with that estimate.

However with the MRRP of the Sony VPL-VW60 set at £3500 :suicide:

A 1080P Sanyo with the new D7 panels will even if it comes in at £2K, will be a good seller and in the image stakes, I'm sure it will run the VW60 close in a lot of areas.

Glad your Z3 is still going strong. So far (touch wood) the number of Z3's going wrong is vanishingly small and that's 3 years and 10 days since we took our first Z3 order:smashin:

Ken, Ivojo got a thanks further up, and I wanted to add my thanks for great service on a Sanyo Z3 I am looking at the output from as I type. Also still going strong on first bulb 2 years on.

In particular I wanted to mention the service agency you are/were associated with in London were excellent. Hope you still use them. Can't think of their name or i'd mention them too.

Anyway, the real reason for posting is that for the reasons above I'll happily consider the Sanyo even though I am more thinking of HD1/PTAE2000/WV60. Hell, I might even save some money.

Glad your Z3 is still going strong. So far (touch wood) the number of Z3's going wrong is vanishingly small and that's 3 years and 10 days since we took our first Z3 order:smashin:

Wow, is it so long? That must mean mine is older than 2 years, because I got my Z3 when it was the current model, before the Z4 came out.

this would be my choice for next upgrade, as I've been happy with my Z3.

no one's mentioned how incredibly ugly it is though. it looks like the top of a washing machine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom