1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Chris001, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Chris001

Chris001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I'm new to home cinema and after reading the AV Forums and looking at some websites, I have decided to buy a Sanyo Z2 as my first projector.

I have seen it a £1350 +VAT at AV Sales but is it available cheaper from anywhere else ?

Thanx for the help and also great forums ! :)

Chris

2. Quatermass

Quatermass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris, you definitely will not want to hear about the Ivojo Z2 pre-order deal! However, this site in the Netherlands, www.lcd4u.nl/item941.htm is doing the second lowest price (€ 1,895.00) I have seen – don’t know whether they are any good as a supplier though!

3. Chris001

Chris001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx Quatermass, I've seen the pre-order deal in other threads, but I only recently decided to buy a projector so I was too late anyway :)
    Nevermind... :rolleyes:

I've had a look at the website but I'd prefer buying in the UK as it seems less complicated. And the price of € 1,895.00 doesn't actually include VAT. I'd have to pay that in the UK.

Also I have found another company in the uk that sells the projector for £1125 +VAT which is the best deal I've seen so far, I'll probably go with them if I don't find anything better before this week end.

Anyway thanx again !

4. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    where that from chris

5. uczmeg

uczmeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    OK, I can understand people jumping in on the preorder offer.

But why are others trying to preorder at full price?

The quality of the Z2 is still a big unknown, so unless there is a big saving to be had (as in the preorder) then I'd wait and see what the 40 or so early adopters have to say before jumping in.

There are a lot of new projectors coming out at the £1500 price range, it's silly to buy a Z2 because of the buzz around here. All the prices you can find now will still be there after launch...

Cheers
    Marc

6. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Chris

Can you tell me where you have seen this price (£1125)? With VAT it comes to £1321.87, which is £153 cheaper than the cheapest quote I have received!!!

7. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    try stone audio

£1395 inclusive of vat

8. Chris001

Chris001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found it there:

http://www.purple-cat.co.uk/projectors/Sanyo/SanyoPLVZ2.htm

It's at £1321 including VAT which seems a really good deal to me considering other people prices. :eek:

Marc, having seen the Z1 I can't think the Z2 will be worse which is good enough for my first projector so I can buy without "thinking too much".
    If I decide to become more serious about home cinema, I will buy something in the range of the Toshiba MT500 or the new Epson providing they give a good picture.

9. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Which new Epson? If you mean the TW200, it is now down to £1500! This would be a real contender if it had DVI, but as it is, the Z2 is better for me. Both PJ's have very similar specs and compete with each other and I wouldn't consider the TW200 an upgrade over the Z2, but not actually having tried either, I can't say for sure.

May be you are talking about a higher end Epson? I expect the TW200 to be at least as good as the Z2, as I liked the TW100 a lot, but lack of DVI is a real bummer and what will lose Epson many sales! If it had DVI, I would probably go for the Epson, just because it is more tweakable without going into service menus etc.

10. Quatermass

Quatermass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Ah yes, they keep that quiet don’t they ;) Anyway, you did well to find that £1321 price. I preordered on a similar basis to you i.e. was going to get a Z1 but given the reasonable price differential with Z2 may as well get something a little more up the evolutionary ladder. DVI was a big attraction for me as well - probably going to be a make or break feature for a lot of people I would have thought.