1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z2 with a ATI 9700 pro problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Gog, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Gog

Gog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having problems sending signal to my Z2 through a DVI-D cable.

I know there is communication going on since in the ATI advanced settings it is recognized as the PLV-Z2. I can also change the available resolution by switching from input 2 RGB(PC Digital) (1024x768) and input 2 RGB(AV HDCP) (1280x720)

So the cable is doing part of it's job. But I always get the "no signal" blue screen. I played with the control panel, I can have two CRT displays with the DVI-VGA adapter just fine but no picture on the Z2. I've driven the Z2 with a VGA signal too but that's not the way I want to keep it...

I don't have another DVI display so I can't test the DVI cable. I'l have to buy another cable or get my hands on a LCD monitor but until I can do that anyone has a tip ?

I'm running Catalyst 04.4,
    2d version 6.14.10.6436,
    packaging 8.00-040322a-014266C

Thanks

Gog

2. renardi

renardi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gog,

Are you using XP as OS?

You may want to try to connect a monitor to the VGA output of your 9700 and the Z2 to the DVI. Then it normally should work. After you've done that check if you've put the Z2 as primary monitor in your display settings. If so restart your PC.

If you cannot change the resolution of the Z2 to 1280x720 use rage3d to obtain the right resolution.

Christophe,
    Belgium.

3. Gog

Gog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right now I have a VGA monitor plugged in and the Z2 on the DVI output. The monitor works but the Z2 gets no signal. I tried digital, analog and HDCP
    input setting on the Z2 but I still get no signal...

I tried with 2 monitors simultaneously and had no problem. Both RAMDAC are ok.

Gog

4. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    What lengh DVI cable are you using ? I'd buy a cheap short cable and test it close to your PC projecting onto a wall or something,a least you'll have eliminated the DVI cable.

5. Gog

Gog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I figured out a few things I was doing wrong and I thought others might use the info.

First, in the advanced propertied of the ATI control panel under the monitor tab you can change the refresh rate. I had it set to 75Hz for my CRT and the projector kept getting "no signal". I changed it back to 60Hz and now it works. The tricky part is that with the projector connected I can raise it to 75 Hz again. Go figure...

Second thing, and I've seen this in other threads, with my 50 feet cable everything is fine in 1024x768 mode but I get random horizontal dotted lines in blue and green when I switch to 1280x720. I'm probably hitting the attenuation limit. I'll try a 40 feet cable, hopefully the artifacts won't be there. Of course then the cable will be too short to be completely hidden from view... My GF is going to blow a gasket :(

Gog