Sanyo Z2 (No DVI Input!)

Punce

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I've got a nasty problem on my new Z2. I can't get DVI-D to work on Input2-PCDigital.

My mate also has a Z2, so I took my PC around to his house, wired it all up with my DVI-D cable, and it worked fine. Took it back to my house, and nothing at all, not even the BIOS screen.
Our Menu settings are identical, although his Z2 firmware is 103, and mine is 106.

If I connect the VGA-->DVI using an adaptor, I can get it to work fine using Input-Analog!

Very weird, think I might have to send this one back, unless any of you guys can fix it

Yes I have, to no avail :(

I've now received a replacement Z2, plugged it in, and voila - PC Digital in all it's glory. It was a knackered unit.

Hi punce
My Brother has a Z2 but he is not getting a picture via dvi from a Yamakawa dvi player, I hope his Z2 is not a duff one like yours as its off ebay :rolleyes:
Will the input 2, pc digital setting be the same for a dvi player as a PC???

Cheers
Tim

I replied to the thread you started, and then when I went back to see it, the thread has disappeared, what hapened to it?

Hi Punce

Its still there click
Whats the exact imput you have your Z2 set to???
Do you have the AV system menu set to auto or manual 720p in the Z2 menu?

Thanks

Punce,

What kind of output did you try? 720p, 480p, something else?

The thing is that I can get 480p to work with DVI-D, but not 720p on my new (Japanese) Z2 with firmware 1.08...

Also, what firmware do you have on your new unit? 1.06 still?

I tried all outputs to it, and I didn't even get a flicker of life.

I had the Z2 replaced, and it worked 1st time out of the box.

Can't remember what firmware it had, sorry.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom