1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sanyo z2 keen buyer, please help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by godisi, Jun 12, 2004.

1. godisi

godisi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people im very interested in gettin this projector, im just curious cause the longest part of my room (which is where the pj will be in), is only 2.6metres!!!, now take away lets say .6 metres so i can place the projector and so forth (room to blow air out...), and the projector will be around 2-2.2m from the screen, am i really going to get that big a screen???, also is using the zoom function bad in any way?, i mean will it lessen the life of the pj, make it louder, do i lose quality using the zoom function set to max? please help i am very keen on this pj:)

cheers,

2. MovieAddict

MovieAddict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    At 2 metres you would get from 51" to 66" inches diagonal screen size, depending on the zoom setting.
    The zoom is ok at any setting in my opinion.
    It will not lesson the life of the projector or make it any louder.
    I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Z2, you should get a great picture.
    One of your other considerations is the distance you will be sitting from the screen, (I assume this will also be at about 2 metres).
    You should try getting a demo of the pj at these distances to ensure you are happy.

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,177
    The Z2 vents out the side of the unit so shelf mounting is an option and that will also give you an extra half metre or so with which to get a larger image.

4. godisi

godisi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the quick response:), so zoom doesnt decrease the picture quality or nothing aswell, im glad, cause i'll porbably set it to max so i can get the bigest screen possible.

by the way, how much room does this thing need to keep its fan curculating properly cause im probably going to want it as close to the wall as possible.

one other thing, lamp life, how long does it last on the z2's, i knw ae500 is 5000 hrs or sumthin

srry bout all the questions im kinda a newbie when it comes to projectors, if i do get the z2, itll be a first, previously ive had a 32" widesrceen, closest ive ever got to big screen entertainment:)

5. godisi

godisi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers, which side is the fan on, the left or right, it could still cause an issue cause my proj will be very close to one wall, being a small room and all, or is it possible to turn upside down and have it blown either way?

6. cliocarl

cliocarl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you go to the www.sanyo.co.uk website and find the z2 you can download the manual which will answer pretty much all the questions about the fan, positioning etc

7. MovieAddict

MovieAddict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Facing the back of the projector, the fan is on the right.
    Lamp life, I think is upto 2000 hours (assuming you would be running the lamp on the eco setting which will be more than adaquate for your screen size).
    But don't forget, lamp life depends on lots of factors.

8. godisi

godisi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how often do you guys use your projectors, i mean how long does a sandard z2 lamp last the average user???, im trying to work it out but a lot of factors can affect my assumption, i could prolly tweak it for quite awhile and so fort, but being a 1st pj ill prolly be happy with it out of the box.

when building a screen by urself, what the best material to use for the screen?, and is it better buying a blackout screen or painting a surface an off white???

9. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    well the average lamp is supposed to last 2000 hours, most films are probably around 2 hours long, and then i guess it's down to the individual how many films they watch in a night..

am sure you can do the maths to that ;)

even with watching it for several hours most evenings i'm sure you can see it should last a fair while (which is just as well given the cost of replacements!)

10. godisi

godisi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh bout that cost of replacement....how much are we talking herE?

11. godisi

godisi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks alot guys, been alot f help, before i go on ahead and purchase this fine piece of equipment,ive just been checking on projector calculator, and i'll get just the right picture size if i set it to max, is there anything wrong with having this pj zoom set to full and will this have an effect on quality,will it focus right at this setting too?

thanks to all in reply:)

12. godisi

godisi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One other thing......how loud is the sanyo z2?, i mean would you compare it to a ps2, pc ....

13. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,580
    I find the Z2 is tolerably quite at low bulb mode. At time of purchase it compared most favourably with others at almost any price range.

After 3 months use I am most happy with my purchase.

Go for it!

14. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    PS2 is louder than a Z2 on ecomode and thats with me sitting closer to projector!!!