1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z2 - Football - Motion Blur

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bergsey, Aug 2, 2005.

1. bergsey

bergsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, i've had a Sanyo Z2 for about 18 months and have been really happy with it (except the dust blobs but that's another story)

It's football season here in Australia and i've been watching a heap of footy via a Standard Definition set top box connected to the PJ via S-Video

I've noticed quite a lot of blur in the picture when the action is moving fast and the camera is zoomed out to take in a wider view. When the camera is zoomed in it's not as noticeable.

Is this a problem with the Z2 similar to response time blur that you get with LCD monitors or is it to do with the source material or connections?

Thanks

2. summat

summat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As likely as not it'd be to do with the source material compression. I've never seen any blurring (as-such) with DVD sourced material, but notice a bundle of artifacts with satellite (Sky) sourced material.

S-Video wouldn't work to add (significant) blurring, although if you could feed from a component signal you would (in my experience) see an improvement in the picture quality (again, not related to motion-blurring)

3. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +536
    It is the poor source material and the use of a s-video lead.

The best way to improve things is to use component and purchase a decent scaler.

A half decent scaler will have motion blur removal built into one of its progressive scan options.

It won't make it perfect, but will make a huge difference.