1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z2 DVI Q.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rosemanbridge, Apr 21, 2004.

1. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My Z2 is hooked up to a Denon A11 using the DVI connection. It doesn't work! I am on my second Z2 and second A11 in case the first were faulty, to no avail. Denon tell me that the two are "probably" incompatable as the A11 is DVI-D and the Z2 is DVI-I, although I find that hard to believe.

Is there anyone who uses these bits of kit successfully? I need to know whether Denon are wrong before my next step.

The A11 works fine at 1080i when plugged into a Runco PJ.

Thanks.

2. Punce

Punce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    DVI-I means that it can do both DVI-D and DVI-A, so they're talking through their arse.

What type of cable are you using? Are you using Input2? Have you been into the menu and gone through the various inputs on Input2?

3. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, I'm using Input 2 and have set the PJ through the menu to accept HDCP input. The picture flashes up for 1/2 second then goes to blue screen. I am using Bettercables Display Magic 9 mtr cable.

4. Punce

Punce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Could be the protection system in the HDCP playing up

I wonder if this article will help...

click here

5. MovieAddict

MovieAddict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have a Z2 and A11. I have not tried the DVI connection yet. I read a thread on the www.avsforum.com (US website, in the states the A11 is called the 5900) a few months ago stating that they did not work together.
    However, Denon have recently released a firmware update for the 5900 in the US that should fix this. So hopefully, a similar update will become available for the A11 in europe.

6. Alex-1701

Alex-1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard that all A11 that are made this year have had this compatiability problem with the Z2 DVI input fixed.

I am about to buy an A11 and a Z2. How well do they go together as a combination? Does anyone who has a Panny AE500 think that this might be a better option?

7. Jan_Assembler

Jan_Assembler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVI fixed for Denon DVD-A11
    Top DVI picture now for all
    www.Cine4Home.de

The Top DVD Player, Denon DVD-A11, showed up so far very discriminatingly regarding projectors, with which it spent a picture.

Denon reacted fast and this problem is now repaired: By a small modification at the equipment as well as software update is the connection of the A11 e.g. to Sanyo PLV-Z2 or Panasonic PT-AE500 no more problem.

We tested both combinations with positive result: All resolutions (576p, 720p, 1080i) function now perfectly by DVI to the popular new HDTV projectors-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Translated with Babefish--- so the result is what it is... But you get the point. This was posted on their site in december.

8. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Where can I get the software update from?