1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z2 and Sky Digibox

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Phil White, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Phil White

Phil White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My long awaited Z2 is due to arrive next week to replade mu trusty Tosh MT3!

I'm going to feed PAL prgressive component from a Sony DVD player (930). For watching TV from SKY I could use my exixting RGB to S Video converter.

Can I feed RGB from the Scart out on the digibox to the DVI input on the Z2? If so - does anyone know if the leads advertised as being suitable for the Z1 will work?

Thanks!

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Phil,
    Im hoping a scart to VGA and VGA to DVI will sort tis problem out for me. I have the leads already as soon as I get the Z2 Ill let you know if it works.

3. Phil White

Phil White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks nunew! My Z2 was due in at the dealers yestereday (Friday)although I'm not holding my breath!

Keene do a RGB Scart to 15 pin male HD male (for Z1) - anyone know if this will work with the Z2?

4. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I didnt go for that. I went for the keene with h synchand vertical synch. Could be a £30 mistake, Ill have to wait and see

5. Phil White

Phil White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sanyo wiring diagram for the DVI-RGB socket only shows the requirement for horizontal sync in addition to RGB - any one know if this can be picked up from the Sky Scart output without having to invest in a 'Synch Blaster lead'?!! Perhaps from compo video?

6. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Pin 8 is analogue vertical synch, hence me going for a keene rgb + h and v synch!