1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sanyo z2 and help with connections and mountin

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mr ooops, Jun 30, 2004.

1. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    Hi All

just about to order from nexnix for £1086 (bargain? or cheaper elsewhere?)

and i need some help, i have component on my dvd player so will connect using an appropriate cable, but how do i connect the consoles? all uk and all using rgb scarts? i have xbox/ps2 and gamecube.

also how do i mount the screen/projector? the screen ive ordered has a 45cm black border at the top (ive gone for a 45cm as i have a light in the middle of the room which hangs down 40cm (wife insists it stays :( ) and i want to mount the projector on a shelf on the rear wall how do i know what height the shelf goes? and is it ok to turn the z2 upside down and place on a shelf, or should i go with a proper ceiling mount?

see piccy for a better idea of what i mean :)

[​IMG]

cheers for any help
    jason

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +927
    Having a Z2 myself, i will try to answer some of those questions;

A proper ceiling mount would be best, but due to the excellent lens shift feature on the Z2 you can shelf mount, mine currently sits on my av rack. The lens shift is one full image up and down so as long as the shelf is at a reasonable height you will be okay, and you will not have to turn it upside down.

For the consoles you will need to look at component and/or svideo and run these through your av amp then into the pj, unless you can get a scart to svideo or component switch box. Not to sure whether you can but somebody on this forum will know. As for the xbox would definitely recommend component.

3. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    thanks inzaman

if i use the component cables for the consoles what picture quality will i get will it be rgb/svideo or composite? as there all uk noe will give component signal.

also how long is your power cable to the projector? as i have a fair way to go to a plug

4. DVDNUT

DVDNUT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a PS2, Gamecube, and XBox, all UK, and they all run using component cables, check out play.com, gameseek.co.uk or any reliable console stockist for a good component cable...

...then your problem is sorted.

5. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +927
    I only own an xbox which is chipped and displays high def via component and it is really amazing through the Z2. A non chipped UK xbox will give a 480i image via component which is still very good. I dont know what the other consoles will give as i dont own them.