1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z1 - Whats the best way to connect?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jim v2.0, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Jim v2.0

Jim v2.0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Sanyo z1 connected to a briteview processor. Any opinions on what the best signal to feed the Sanyo is? The Briteview can output either RGB or Component via 15 pin D-Sub port . I'm using a 10M VGA lead (with a converter for componant feeds)

Component output goes up to 720p, RGB resolution is up to 1280x1024. I notice that the Sanyo manual mentions interlacing for resolutions of 1280x1024, so I assume the best RGB feed is the next step down e.g. 1024x768.

From my experiances so far, RGB seems sharper and colours ar much brighter. I almost wonder whether they are too brite e.g. objects that are bright yellow appear almost illuminescent (spelling?). The image can appear slighly grainy with sparkling on large areas of similar colours. Component seems smoother and cleaner but not as sharp and colours are noticably more mute, but are they more accurate? I don't know if Component travels less well e.g. over 10m cable it might degrade more?

Anyone got any recomendations or comments on this?

2. hopdylan

hopdylan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    *BUMP*

(As i'm interested in getting a brite-view for my Z1)