1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z1, Screens and Cables

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Coot, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Coot

Coot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi,

I've been luring here for the past couple of weeks, looking for info on all the projectors.

Yesterday I ordered a Z1 from Nexnix ( ordered at 3pm, turned up at 10 the next morning - good work chaps ).

Playing around with it at work ( using a laptop and VGA cable ) and the results were very nice.

I'll be using this at home most of the time for DVD's and was wondering if anyone has recomendations for a portable screen as I cant roof/ceiling mount anything in the living room due to bay windows, large central light fitting and the RPTV sat in the corner.

Is there a good 6ft wide3 screen available that I could mount on a stand/tripod etc?

Also, whilst I'm here, all my AV setup is next to the current TV and this will be used for day to day watching.
    Are there any issues in running about 10 meters (max) of component cable to the Z1 so I dont have to rearrange the room?

Cheers all,

Peter.

2. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Peter

I use 10 metre cables for component, comp, s-vid and vga to my Z1 with no problems.

Try here for a screen http://www.projected.co.uk/screens.ht.Can't see a widescreen but they may be able to help out.

Gus

3. Coot

Coot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi Gus,

I did find http://www.metroplan.co.uk/cgi-bin/productid.pl?null+263 a few minutes ago and they look ok.

To test the PJ at work we spent about an hour fashioning a screen from flip chart paper!
    After a few failed attempts we ended up with a 7ft wide screen that was fine for watching films on!

A bit of a hassle to stick to the wall so a colleague spent another 1/2 hour making a support from some string so it's now hung up like a picture.

Not saying business is bad, but we've got a few hours to spare to mess around with this :)

I've seen some of the Van Damme cables at around 70 quid for 10 meter so may give that a try.

Thanks for the help,

Peter.

4. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hi

Get a trade account with CPC. www.cpc.co.uk.

They do Van Damme etc. Got 10M VGA VDC for £28 plus VAT. S-Video 10M £20 plus VAT.

Gus

5. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    YO Gus

That web address is wrong, takes me to BT, have you got the proper one.

THanks

John

6. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
  7. Coot

Coot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Taking the Z1 home, I set it up in the dining room ( about 11ft square ) projecting onto a clean magnolia wall.

I was that impressed that this is where the unit will now live, just got to sell the table and chairs and put some comfy seating in!

I'm getting a very watchable 7 to 8ft wide image, viewing from 9-10 ft.
    Even on crisp focus the screendoor effect isnt noticable, unless you know it's there and specifically look for it.
    Giving a slight touch of defocus removes all trace of it if required.

If anyone else is undecided about buying a projector I can recommend the Z1 - for the price you simply cant go wrong.

Our main TV is a 43inch Rear Projection and going back to that its like watching a portable!

Right, got to go and move amps/speakers/etc from the living room and get on the wifes nerves for a bit...

Cheers,

Peter.