1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sanyo z1 excessive fan noise

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nobby(uk), Feb 4, 2003.

1. nobby(uk)

nobby(uk)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have recently purchased the sanyo plv/z1 projector. I am very pleased with the performance of the projector but i have a question regarding the excessive fan noise.
    I have the projector ceiling mounted and running in economy mode, after about 40 minutes of use the fan becomes excessivley noisy every 20 minutes for about 2 minutes duration. I guess this has something to do with the thermostat and wondered if there was any way i can reduce this. I would be grateful for your help.
    I have had a look around the internet and some people are suggesting that there is a firmware upgrade, is there any truth to this.

thx for your time

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    This problem is well documented. In Eco mode the fan doesn't seem to move enough air to cool the lamp sufficiently, so you get it kicking in to high gear to bring the temperature down.

I take it it was a UK sourced machine? If so get your retailer to check with Sanyo (or the distributor they bought from) about having this fixed.

Regards

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Nobby,

With the warning that you should be sure you're confident about messing with the Factory settings on your Z1, you could have a look here for details of a fix for Z1 fan spin-up.

If you don't feel comfortable with this (and it might invalidate your warranty), then follow Chris' advice and contact the dealer where you bought it.

Good luck,

Sean G.

4. nobby(uk)

nobby(uk)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply's tried the service menu and the fan works great now.;)

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Nobby,

Result !:smashin: !!

The forum strikes again !

See ya,

Sean G.