1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z1 Component Auto Format Problem?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by talizker, Jan 12, 2003.

1. talizker

talizker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi;)

I have got a Z1 over the weekend to demo and I am 99% happy [apart from the single stuck pixel on this unit!]. I do have a query that someone may be able to help with.

When I first got an in store demo earlier in the week there was an issue where the Z1 could not seem to lock onto a Progressive signal [PAL or NTSC] when set to Auto [this was from a Denon A1]. The only way to get any signal is by setting manually...

Having got the unit home and connected to my Philips 963sa I am having virtually the same problem. If I manually set the Z1 to 480p and then set back to Auto it works fine with other NTSC DVD's. If you then use a PAL DVD it displays the menu then looses the signal as the DVD starts. You then have to select 575p manually.

I haven't read any other posts about this so was wondering if any one else had this issue?

Thanks for reading:)

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,736
    I've tried this with a Skyworth 1050p and Toshiba SD510E....no problems whatsoever.

3. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with ARCAM 88P and Z1.

I found that if I switch the Z1 on first, 10 secs later the 88P; the Z1 locks on in auto and everything is fine in both PAL & NTSC progressive.

Hope that helps.