1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Z1 bulb question?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kbfern, Jun 9, 2003.

1. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,322
    Anyone with a Z1 noticed this?

When you switch the projector on from the rear on/off switch,after 3/4 seconds bulb fires up for a split second then goes off before ready lamp comes on.

Then when you press the on/off button on top of projector or the remote the lamp fires up again and then stays on.Is this normal, if so anyone know why this is.Is it some sort of pre warming for the bulb? I would have thought that this could cause the bulb to wear out quicker as I assume the stress put on the bulb at start up is the main factor in bulb wear.

Any thoughts.

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Hi

This is part of the startup sequence and is used to determine whether the lamp is OK.

It is at this point - with a fauly lamp - that you will get the error light.

I wouldn't have thought it would do much harm - the lamps don't have a filament and I doubt they are subjected to much thermal shock by this process. It probably doesn't even get warm.

Steve