• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sanyo xu51 projector - does it upscale?

B

benzyone

hi,

I have just bought a Panasonic VSX-919 AV receiver which will convert analogue signals to HDMI to send to the projector (will connect using a HDMI - DVI adapter as my older style projector has no HDMI input).

All forums I've read say converting is different to upscaling. I wonder if my xu51 will itself upscale signals? I will run all my cables - Wii, PS3, DVD, HD set top box - into my amp then on to the projector which will only run at 1080i.

Will the projector upscale the Wii and DVD player, presuming the set top box and PS3 are already running at 1080p so not an issue in those 2 cases.

Any help appreciated,
Matt

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
The resolution is 1024x768 so everything will come out at that resolution. It will downscale anything above it and upscale anything lower than that.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom