• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sanyo VPC-CA100

mazzy1026

Standard Member
Hello All

I was originally after lower model from this range (the one with the external mic in - VPC-HD2000EBK) but now I've seen this I may be hooked.

How would you say it compares to the CA100 aside form the underwater functionality? If it's not that better, then I'd probably go for the HD2000EBK as it has the mic in). The CA100 is only 350 (ish) pounds on Amazon, and it seems to do what I need (full HD, solid state memory, dual etc...)

I don't think this is out to buy yet, as I can't find it anywhere, but what do people think of this model judging by the spec?

Cameras mentioned can be seen here: Digital Camera Camcorder | HD Camera Range | Xacti SANYO

Cheers
Maz :smashin:

qballnoggin

Standard Member
I have the sanyo HD2000. Brilliant camera. If the underwater/weatherproof function is really what you need then this new ca100 will be great. One thing I have noticed between the 2 is zoom. the hd2000 zoom is REALLY good. this new one doesnt have the same range. pro's and con's. Im looking at a waterproof camera at the moment. It will either be this one as it is FULL HD or the sanyo WH1 - although only 720P it has a 30X zoom and at 180quid you cant complain..

mazzy1026

Standard Member
Ah how things change! I actually bought a Sony HDR-CX155E!

Don't ask me how it crept onto the list! It's a brilliant camera, very good quality video and very compact. Will just have to buy the underwater kit for it :D

zakdk

..........what was wrong with the SANYO ??????????

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom