Sanyo Projector Lamp Hours Reset using Keys

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by umarbs, Dec 25, 2006.

1. umarbs

umarbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone how I can reset my sanyo XU35 Projector's lamp hours using the keys on the top of the unit? My projector does not come out of standby mode for some reason. I checked the lamp and it still looks good. I believe I can solve this problem by resetting the lamp hours but I cant get into onscreen menus as the projector does not turn ON.
    Thanks

2. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    if the bulb is close to the end of its life it should be changed, just resetting the clock can do more harm than good,it should stop the lamp before it blows, serious damage can occur if this is allowed to happen. that is why they have the clock in the first place.

3. paul1967

paul1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I would say the lamps blown , thats what happened to mine , went to bed 1 night came down in the morning and it would not start up , my bulb looked ok but had like a film on the lens and on the reflector, I was told this was from the gas leaking.

4. umarbs

umarbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just dont wanna buy a new lamp when there might be something wrong with the projector. The bulb has not been used a lot and I see no reason for the projector to go to standby mode. I'm hoping its something to do with the bulb. Any help would be appreciated.

5. paul1967

paul1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    How many hrs my Z4 only did 600 :thumbsdow