1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo prices. Which should i get?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Shadow Jam, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Shadow Jam

Shadow Jam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok well i got the money now, but i really dont know what is a good price for a second hand model. Im torn between 2 for sale on this forum

there is a Z1 with 542 hours in eco mode for £310 inc delivery.
    and then there is a z2 with 160 hours (dont know what mode) exc delivery, for 500

i know obviously the decision is partly, how good a projector do i want, but i dont know.

few questions, are they both good prices, which one is probably best, is the extra money worth the extra quality? and if i resold in 6-12 months is one more likely to loose value than the other?

thanks

2. Penfold73

Penfold73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have a Z2 and a Z3 and the Z2 is only really worth the extra cash if you use the DVI input and feed it a good upscaled 720p image (from an Oppo DV971 for example). Then it puts out a very good image, noticeably better than the Z1 by all accounts.

3. Neil in Bristol

Neil in Bristol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I'd be tempted by one of the models mentioned elsewhere on the forum (such as the Tosh ET1) that can be had new for around £400-500 if I were you.

4. Penfold73

Penfold73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The ET1 has lower resolution than both the Sanyo models (480 vertical, which is US NTSC TV resolution, the Z1 is at least PAL native resolution).

5. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I have the z1 and its a very good first time projector. I love it and will not upgrade for a while yet till 1080p native pj come down to a price i can afford.

6. Neil in Bristol

Neil in Bristol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I guess it comes down to whether you want a warranty or not.

7. Shadow Jam

Shadow Jam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok thanks for your help. i dont know how much money i have in my account at the moment, but fingers crossed i will get the z2 then... after all at the end of the day for a little over a weeks wages (im very poor) why not get the better...

off topic, but can someone explain a few more things... whats DVI?

and also what is rgb?
    my understnading is that rgb is the new scart (or at least i hear its better) but i thought scart was the new thing.... guess it was the optical transmiting version of the mini disk if that is the case