1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo PLVZ1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scott686868, Dec 18, 2003.

1. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there again, first of all, thanks to everyone thats helped this newcomer choosing the right projector.
    I have decided to get the Sanyo Z1, getting it on Monday hopefully.
    Anyway, now onto the connections......

On the back of the Sanyo there is
    S-video
    Composite Video &
    Component video.

What i know is to connect the DVD to the component video with the three leads, i will want to watch TV and some Sky so need to get a video. I take it i will need to get a video with either s-video or composite video, i take it its ok to connect the yellow video out on back of video into composite video!!! or does my house explode if i do this. And i take it i just plug Sky into the back of the video???????????

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    S-video will be the better option if you can get a video with it, but an s-video VHS video recorder will be better still, as you'll need the extra resolution with a projector - around 400lines.

VHS can look a bit ropey when blown up to 7ft wide or more, so the higher res willl give a more watchable picture.

That should guarentee an s-video connection both in and out of the video recorder, and use the Sky boxes s-video output into the recorder.

I think S-video machines only cost around £150 now.

You'll be fine with the yellow composite lead. It generaly keeps the explosions to within a few feet of the devices it connects too. ;)

Gary.

3. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only reason i'm wanting a video is for the tv channels, also i presume this is where the sky will get plugged into ?

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    I was thinking that if you wanted to record anything and play it back, but if it's only for watching off air, then a standard stereo video should do you. I'm not sure if they have s-video input/output though, so composite may be your only option.

It should still look pretty good though. :)

Gary.