Sanyo PLV30

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by einpagu, Oct 11, 2001.

1. einpagu

einpagu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Delta!

I've read about PLV-30 owners in Sweden that has some problem with vertical lines and also other type of complains about this projector (e.g gloomy picture and dead bulb).

But my own copy works perfect! :) I've heard that Sanyo had some problems with both the software (first release) and with the bulb (one production run). But this should be fixed now... :confused:

The only problem I´ve discovered is the one concerning the videoprocessor iScan Pro, but that problem is solved thanks to Silicon Image and the Swedish distributor "Runt Ljud". :D

Best Regards,

Per-Anders.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: PEGE ]

2. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hi Dave
    i too used to have a plv-30 and never experienced the problems you witnessed, it could of been a cause of the projector was improperly set up or nacked.You say it was connected via s-video what quality of cable was it and how long was it?

regards

richard

3. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hi per
    haven't heard from you for some time, i take it the plv-30 is running ok with the iscan mod.I decided to upgrade to crt through a home cinema pc and the difference is mind blowing.

take care

richard

4. einpagu

einpagu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Richard!

Believe it or not, but my iScan Pro is at the swedish distributor now.
    The motherboard is going to be exchanged with a new "upgraded" one... ;)

If I´m lucky I will receive it tomorrow...

This is a perfect exampel of what we "end-customers" can do.
    We should not give up before we are satiesfied with our investments... :cool:

Have a nice day! :)

BR, Per-Anders.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: PEGE ]

5. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This morning I had a demo of a Sanyo PLV30 which is a very appealing projector. However I noticed in the picture feint vertical yellow stripes spaced about a foot apart. The screen was eight feet wide and the projector was outputting through S-VHS. I asked the assistant what the stripes were and he said, 'Oh, it's pixels'! I am sure this can't be right and there should be no artefacts at all, other than the usual stuff. I suspect either the projector was faulty or it was picking up something from another source. The same projector was offered to me, ex display, one week old, at £2000! Need I say more? Can anyone confirm that my suspicions are correct.

6. AlfaKhan

AlfaKhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Dave,

I've seen 3 PLV30 working: 1 in-store demo unit, 1 that was initially delivered to me with some dead pixels and it's replacement, which I now own.

None had the problem you describe. (In fact, apart from dead pixels, none had any problems what so ever...).

HB

7. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you now Anywhere I can find out more about this? I have a problem with the projector not starting up now and then.