Sanyo PLV30 projector & Progressive Scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bobthewatcher, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Bobthewatcher

Bobthewatcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I note from an earlier posting on this forum a problem with the Sanyo & the Denon 2800, is this a problem with the Denon in particular or a problem with the Sanyo accepting a Progressive Scan input from any device ?

I am looking to up-grade to a Progressive Scan DVD player in the next month or so, but would like the situation clarifying before parting with my cash. (Player I am considering is the Toshiba SD510E).

Also would anybody recommend an alternative route to a progressive scan DVD player, is it worth the extra cost over a standard player with component output ?

2. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    hi bob

i own a plv30 and i did own a denon 2800 for a while!!

if you are talking about the blue screen effect ??
    i think it is something to do with items using the silicon images chip (please correct me if i am wrong)
    someone on the forums had the same problem with a plv30 and iscan but had their iscan modified

hope this helps

jason

3. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used the Denon 2800 together with the PLV30 for 4 months and over 600 hours of DVD watching both reg2 and reg1.

No problems.

I have noticed bad lipsync on 1 music DVD (James Taylor). Thats all..

The combination of these two pieces of equipment is very good....