Sanyo PLV-Z700 projector software issue?! Can anyone help?

joz8968

Established Member
Reaction score
See here:-

Sanyo PLV-Z700 projector s/w issue?! Can anyone help?...

(Sorry about the crappy mobile phone (SE K750i) quality.)

My pj has developed this bloomin' annoying issue - the software that runs the menu system has glitched. As can be seen, from the main menu, it's behaving as if the "down cursor" is constantly depressed.

Only acquired the pj 2nd hand (but hardly used - only 5hrs use) on Wednesday 19th Dec 2012. This is the third time it's happened now, but the previous two times it stopped doing it after within about 15 minutes. This current third time however, it's still doing it -- no sign of it stopping.

Any ideas on how to rectify it?

Thanks in advance, Joz.

Last edited:
Have you tried removing the batteries from the remote control? Sometimes a button can become stuck, but this soon runs the batteries down...

I'm the a**hole! And you're gonna laugh...

I mount my PLVs upside down (for better access to back panel and lamp etc.) I have done this with my previous Z1, Z2, Z3 and Z4 -- all with no issues.

But I eventually realised it was most probably indeed the down cursor being constantly pressed in... Due to the nylon ties securing the pj to the wall mount!... :suicide: :confused:

And that is exactly what it was!... A fresh set of (much less tightened) nylon ties and it's now all back to normal. :) :cool: :thumbsup:

Now you may think that should have been 'obvious', but what threw me was the fact that it didn't start doing it until about 2 days after installation. Plus the fact that my previous aforementioned PLVs never suffered from the issue. Hence why it never even occurred to me - doh! :facepalm:

Cheers for your thoughts, anyway. :)

Last edited:
Totally.

It's almost as if 'him above' was just testing me out. ;)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom