Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sanyo Plv-z3 Owners What Screen To Use?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ButtonUPS, Apr 18, 2005.

1. ButtonUPS

ButtonUPS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thinking of getting one of these babies for £985 Inc. VAT at pixmania but i need to get a screen as well.

What are you using as a display screen and how much are we talking and where to buy.

regards

b :smashin:

2. EnglishJohn

EnglishJohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Im about to place my order as well!!!

Cant wait!!!

I was looking at getting the DHR electric slimline - looks good and the price is nice.. forum discount at the moment.

Sorry i cant actually tell you what its like but from what i have read they seem good..

I would also like to no before i buy it what others are doing! Thanks,

What size are you gon gate Button? I was thinking 7foot sitting 3.5 meter away - is that too big?

John

3. ButtonUPS

ButtonUPS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    cheers for the reply

well i got a max distance of about 2 - 2.5 metres so i also wanna know what i can get away with any ideas.......experts?

4. 1ofaKind

1ofaKind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'd advise you check out the projector calculator at projector central to see the view distances - its great as you can work out min/max sizes etc.

I've got mine about 2.2-2.5 metres from the wall (room is pretty small) and on virtually min zoom its throwing about a 58" diagnol image. Its a short throw projector as you may already know.

I sit around 7ft away and I find the image great - takes some getting used though moving your head as its so wide :cool:

My screen is home made mdf fixed mount as when I looked around I couldn't find a small enough pull down screen. I think avsales have a smallish manual pull down screen now but you might need a custom size.

My room is being enlarged so I'm moving to most likely an eletric screen (these saphire ones seem good value) maybe 66-70" diagnol.

I suppose it depends upon the actual size of your room as of course with manual screens/electric they have a case which is larger :)

Enjoy your PJ I know I'm having a blast with mine :smashin: