1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sanyo plv z1 question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by olli, Feb 17, 2003.

1. olli

olli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just joined this very helpful forum. After reading it for a couple of weeks, I am now in possession of a sanyo plv z1. The picture looks great as it should be. I have three questions.

(1) There is a small yellow patch of pixels (almost unnoticeable) that appear during projection. Is it a fault with lcd panel or is it some kind of dust accumulation.

(2) Is there a way to know/monitor lamp life usage?

(3) In progressive scan mode (using limit 9900se) a slight ripple of waves travel from top to bottom.

I appreciate any comments/help with these issues.
    Thanks. Olli

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    Hi

I'm a very happy owner of a Z1.

1) Try completely defocussing your projector whilst set to no-show. Your yellow patch might then come into focus as a jagged black mark. If this is the case, then you have a dust spot. I would recommend returning the projector to your dealer.

2) Yep, press and hold (for about 15 seconds) the up key on the projector itself. This will display lamp usage on the screen. It shows how many hours you have used in each of the two lamp power modes.

3) I had no end of trouble with the Limit 9900 and the PLV-Z1. There was nothing at all I could do to get an acceptable image from it. Tried different cables, different lengths of cables, and different machines. All were complete crap. Every aspect of the picture from my Toshiba SD-220 is an order of magnitude better than that from the Limit.

Strangely, other people have also said that they get better results on the Z1 when feeding it with an interlaced signal than with progressive. I can certainly concur with this.

I must point out that there are others who are delighted with the Limit player. It is entirely possible that my problems related to a bad batch or other such bad luck. My overall impression was entirely negative though...

ps. As a matter of interest, and the final nail in the Limit coffin as far as I'm concerned. I got a bloody speeding ticket when returning the second substandard machine to Richersounds :mad: !!!

3. olli

olli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much stevelup. I shall try out your suggestions.
    Regards, Olli