1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo PLV-Z1 & progressive scan?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by torben, Feb 27, 2005.

1. torben

torben
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I upgraded my Pioneer DV-525 to a brand new DV-2750. My projector is PLV-Z1, so now I get to enjoy progressive scan...

...but I have been pretty surprised with it. I really don't see so much difference between interlaced and progressive component video. Progressive is somewhat less noisy, but both seem to have to same blinding when there is horizontal movement in the picture. I have earlier briefly tried progressive scan with some Denon player, and I noticed the same.

I have double-checked that progressive scan is activated, so I would like hear experiences of other Z1 owners. I've had the assumption that progressive scan equals to blind-free video.

2. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I've just got a Pal Progressive Pioneer to use with my Z1 and it still has terrible 'combing' of edges on horizontal pans just like my interlace player. The image is slightly more stable on Progressive rather than interlace though.

3. torben

torben
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply. So your experience has matched with mine.

Does anyone know what causes this? Is this same combing apparent also with other LCD projectors? Is this also visible with HTPC and Z1? Anything to fix it?