1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sanyo plv-z1 picture problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nobby(uk), Jan 24, 2003.

1. nobby(uk)

nobby(uk)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all.

i seem to be having problems with my picture. i have the draper luma 92" screen and have the projector mounted on a tv bracket approx 10ft away from the screen. a pioneer dvd 505 player, 10 metre s video lead connecting them.

my problems are a nicotene yellow patch on the left hand side of the screen and a rainbow effect patch on the right and when selecting ntsc playback, screen flickers. any help would be appreciated. thanx.:rolleyes:

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,964
    nobby

Can't really comment on the colour uniformity, but the 505 with the Z1 should be fine.

Have you tried any other DVD players with it? If you have and get the same problem, then I'd say you have a faulty Z1.

One thing I would recommend you do is replace the 505 anyway. I had one for years (paid £450 for it when they came out!)...but the picture truly sucks compared to even a £100 player bought today.

The Philips 963A is a good bet - treat yourself to PAL progressive and lose that 'orrible S-video cable!

3. nobby(uk)

nobby(uk)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply Smurfin.

turns out it was a faulty projector.