Sanyo PLV-Z1 massivly red tint problem

jtorry

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Z1 has just come back from repair and has a very strong red tint. Nexnix have been very good so far to deal with have asked to see if I can tweek it in any way to remove the redness before the unit is returned again. So does anyone have any tips on what I can do?

Have you got a test disc like avia? If so go into the grayscale section in advanced patterns and go through the gray fields 0 IRE (black) through to 100 IRE (white). See if you can judge which fields are the most red. Then it should be easier to assess what you should change to fix it.

If you cant do that..... what makes you say there is a big red tint? Sunburnt faces? or is everything simply red?

ad

well its most noticeable when a dvd is loading up and you get the solid black screen. Instead of being black/grey colour the whole image has a strong red look to it.

i have a Z2 so im presuming the controls similar...... do you have user color controls? Does dropping the red to a minimum help at all?

ad

The thing is that I am 99.9% certain that the redness wasn't there when i first bought the projector. I can't see how one projector can be so different to another (of the same make) so that it is glaringly obvious which is which.

I have tried all the controls to try and make it more black and less red, but nothing has helped.

well i suggest you send it back then..... it is likely service menu fixable but there is no reason why you should have to do that..... in this case the machine was supposed to be fixed and clearly came back with a fault so i wouldnt even be willing to pay any postage on it.

It is amazing what a few service settings can do to change a picture...... given that each machine will have slight variations (within spec) of all the components within, it isnt surprising that each machine needs set up slightly differently. Unfortunately this means they need individually calibrated at the factory thus there will always be room that someone makes a screw up and one is totally off

ad

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom