1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo PLV-Z1 component cable

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Edt, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all yesterday picked up a great Sanyo PLV-Z1 from a seller on ebay..nice chap & unit in good condition. One question:

Compared to my old Benq 6100 the picture is much softer.. looks almost like it was using composite not component; colours bleeding off to right edges; edges all soft; perhaps touch of ghosting; that sort of thing. I'm running prg scan from a CA Azur 540D. Initialy I tried the VGA port on the Sanyo as this was the cable already is use in my system (all the Benq has).. the picture was green only but good and sharp. Changing cables to a 3 x RCA one got the colours back but so soft. IS this likely to be a cable issue? First try I just used some cheapo audio wire & wasnt surprised when it didnt look fab. Then I tried a longer run of AV cable but no difference.

advice please guys. Other than this very pleased with it.
    cheers
    Ed

2. summat

summat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't comment on the Z1, but the Z2 fed by component, via AV receiver (component switching) and a Cambridge Audio (yes, I admit, I shop in Richer Sounds) DVD player is pin-sharp.

As you're saying the VGA port is also pin-sharp then I'd pretty much rule out either DVD or PJ, so my guess is the cabling. When you say AV cable - you are talking about a proper component cable (i.e. balanced 75 ohm [or is it 50?, I forget]) and not just some audio leads with phono plugs on the end. If the latter then the problem almost certainly lies in the leads.

For what its worth, my (cheap) component leads cost £30 on the high-street (Maplins), and the image is beautiful via those (10m), 2m of inner-wall coax, component switch in AV-amp and 1m component between AV-amp and DVD player.

3. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Right I'll invest in a better cable & see how it goes
    cheers
    Ed

4. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  5. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    cable not arrived yet but just watched Monsters inc using humble s-video . It's a terrific projector really pleased!
    ED

6. summat

summat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice cable... but 6ft?

Nice film - watch "The Incredibles" next! And with component feed - you'll be blown away.

(or if you've sunk a few pints, and got the mates around, "Team America" - great film for the drunkards)

7. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  8. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Now proud owner of 2nd hand Pioneer player & picture is wonderful.
    Ed