1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo PLV-Z1 Ceiling Mount

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jamieprojector, Feb 23, 2003.

1. jamieprojector

jamieprojector

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I have purchased the sanyo PLV-Z1 projector today after reading reviews on this forum and having seen a demo today - superb! - I would like it ceiling mounted and wondered if anyone knows the best ceiling mount to use as I see that sanyo do a ceiling mount - but is there another make to better this?

Thanks

Jamie

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,091
  3. jamieprojector

jamieprojector

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gary - much appreciated.

Jamie

4. maxfc

maxfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a Unicol GKC with GAP 0277 adaptor plate specially made for the Z1. The advantage is that if you change the projector, you just need to change the adaptor plate and leave the ceiling mount where it is. The disadvantage is price, around £100 for the
    mount and £50 for the plate.

www.unicol.co.uk

Thanks,
    maxfc

5. jamieprojector

jamieprojector

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can you tell me the actual distance from the top of the ceiling to the projector using the Unicol as I have a fairly low ceiling.

Thanks

Jamie

6. maxfc

maxfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The GXC is mount that is nearest to the ceiling hence the C. The distance of the projector from the ceiling once mounted is about 5-6i nches. I can measure this later if you wish.

maxfc

7. jamieprojector

jamieprojector

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - no need to measure - about 5 to 6 inches sounds ok - just one other question - do the cables hide down the middle of the mount or do they run alongside it?

Thanks again

Jamie

8. Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although I have my Z1 on the ceiling I haven’t actually got it upside-down. I have heard several reports of the units chassis distorting when screws are fixed into its mounting holes.

I have simply slung a shelf 200mm below the ceiling, placed the projector on its feet on the shelf and used the max lense shift to bring the image down. Works a treat, only cost £6, the projector is totally adjustable and there is no possibility of the unit twisting from over screwing any fixings.

If I can figure out how to post a picture of it then I will.

9. maxfc

maxfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The mount is quite small and the plate attaches to the bottom of the projector. The cables would then run from behind the projector itself and have nothing to do with the mount.

maxfc

10. Jim v2.0

Jim v2.0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got my Z1 hanging on the Gryolock mount system (Unicol) and it works a treat. I've got the intermidiate size e.g. it can be adjust between approx 20cm->40cm. I've got a low ceiling in my loft room (about 7 1/2ft) and the whole lot sits well above head level. I've had no problems with distortion. Only thing to consider is you have to pay approx 20% move if you want the mount spayed another colour (comes in a dark grey).