Sanyo PLV-60 in stock in the US

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lmccauley, May 22, 2001.

1. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +335
  2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Liam

Are we taking bets on how much here in the UK? My money is still on £6k.

Any takers? I hope I am wrong but....

Regards

Nic

3. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I am hoping ( or rather dreaming ) that it will be £4500 max! ( Yes folks I am still around and still waiting for my projector!!) All my hopes are still pinned on the Sanyo even though there has been negative comments on the AVS forum from some guy who had the chance to use a pre-production model in Taiwan. Apparently the contrast was not as good as anticipated and best results were with hdtv but not with dvd. The new Sony 11ht seems good but I cannot beleive they havent done anything with the ludicrously short throw range on the lens ! They could have at least offered an option! If it stays as the 10ht then this is eliminated from my possibilities as the wife doesnt want anything stuck in the middle of the ceiling. There is also the new Tosh to consider I suppose and perhaps any one of the new dlps that are due to surface without the interference of Bungle and Zippy! Heres hoping I can get it all sorted for Christmas!

Regards

The Spaniard :confused:

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Spaniard.....
    let me guess, you are waiting for a projector with a widescreen panel as oposed to having to put up with a 16:9 mode? Well whether you are or are not, thats certainly what I am looking for! What actually is the throw ratio (how big a picture can i get from 4 yards?) for the sony's?

Generally, is that £6k mark the price tag we are going to have for the sony, sanyo and tosh? When that sort of money is involved i do question whether putting up with a cheaper 4:3 alternative with quality external doubling scaling whatever may not just be the best way out!

Hope we get more details of the sanyo soon, on all accounts it does sound an interesting prospect!