Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sanyo plv-30 or Sony vpl-hs1?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ricky27, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Ive shortlisted these two units as ive heard great things about both units,some have told me the Sanyo is better,any ideas anyone?
    Also,anyone seen low prices on these?

2. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    ricky someone said project a vision had the plv30 reconditioned for £1200 and richer sounds were advertising it for £1799 i think

jason

3. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Sanyo , its a great machine. Don't try using keystone ajustment if you go for the Sony or the Sanyo. The Sanyo has component input (sony doesn't) and s-video (what i use at the moment). You can mount the projector from the ceiling (you cant with the sony) and has a short throw distance (5ft something from 9-10 foot back). I wouldn't get a used PJ cause of the lamp life. You might be paying for a new lamp before you should, unless they give you a new lamp of course.

4. AlfaKhan

AlfaKhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have had a PLV30 for over 6 months now. I am VERY, VERY satisfied with it.

Last weekend I saw "Moulin Rouge!" and I’m still in awe.

You should consider 16:9 panels, if possible. Any "widescreen" format material (i.e., wider than 16:9) is affected in 4:3 panel projectors. The top and bottom black bars account for too much wasted pixels and the remaining count is just not enough for a perfect image display (although, in the PLV30, the result is still quite acceptable)

HB

5. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never known an unhappy Sanyp Plv30 owner. Even gets best buy from HCC. I was gonna go for the Panny 100, but the dealer didnt have one. The Panny is good value for money and of course true wide screen, but it's not nice to look at. I might consider changing when the next generation of Panny Pj's are released on us buying public. I just dont understand how they can get the Pj down to £1200?.

6. Kevin Harris

Kevin Harris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ricky27,

Just to clear a few things up.

The Sony can be ceiling mounted all you have to do is to go to the factory menu, also you can input Component through either a Sony Interface unit or a Sony Component cable both at a cost but well worth it.

If you are a DIY kinda person you can make a ceiling mount and the cables for next to nothing.

Cheers

Kev.