1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo plv-30 and composite

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Timh, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    My Brother has a plv-30, and he is unable to view composite from his itv-digi box, he is using a phono lead plugged into the digi box via a scart to phono adaptor,(three phonos plugged into scart adaptor) it works fine in composite from a dvd player using the composite phono lead but not with the scart to phono adaptor.
    I guess it just will not work with the scart adaptor.
    Has anyone else tried this? or have you another idea how to plug the digi box into the projector.

cheers

2. MaJong

MaJong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tim,

I'm guessing you mean component and not composite? I'm getting back into this after a year or two but had a similar problem with Philips 'On Digital' box previously.

I found the Scart output was RGB not component i.e. not the same as the 3 component plug outs on the back of a Sony DVD player or similar (and the S Video didn't menu option work on my unit - a 'placeholder' as the support people put it!).

The Pro video plugging standards are confusing (sync on green etc etc.) and I'm sure some of the guys in the trade here can elaborate the differences better if required...

I ended up using a trans box to Frig the RGB to a Y/C input on the now defunct projector which worked OK (much better than composite).

rgds

3. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    is it not possible to change the output from the scart socket on the ondigital box to composite instead of rgb??

jason

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Majong, Its composite he is having problems with, its the philips box like yours, I also suggested to him that he got a rgb to s-vhs convertor.
    It just seems strange that the philips can be set to composite but the sanyo will not receive a signal this way, but it will except composit just by using a phone lead.

5. MaJong

MaJong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    aha - misunderstood - IIRC mine worked fine on scart out via a phono adaptor with composite (looked awful though)?

although when using composite I would actually use use SCART2 on Sony TV as a monitor out for my PJ via a SCART to Phono...

Have you tried phono into a TV? Maybe PJ or options Faulty?

(I can check mine again to confirm if yours don't work to a TV either).

Get a trans box if you can (sorry can't remember where I got mine) or maybe cancel you dig subs and get a new 1yr prepaid for Xmas which does have SVideo working? (presuming the new pioneer box being offered will have fixed the phantom S Video option..)

Rgds

6. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Are you sure that the scart adapter you are using with the Sky box is wired as an output?

There are two flavours available - input and output . If you use the wrong one then you won't get a signal.

Look for any markings on the adapter that may give a clue, or look for an input/output switch as fitted to some of the better adapters.

Regards

7. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Thanks Chris, I think you may be on to someting there.