1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo Plc-Su20e

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tigerback, Feb 25, 2005.

1. tigerback

tigerback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been offered a Sanyo PLC-SU20E LCD projector which is faulty, the blub is newish 2 months old but it has a problem.
    There is a blue tint to the screen when you watch movies on it also on the sanyo logo screen , then you get vertical pixel lines appear on the left hand size of screen which increase across screen as the PJ warms up.
    The guy who has offered it to me thinks its the blue colour board?? as he has a similar problem but with a red tint which was the red colour board.
    Any idea of a repair price if it is a replacement colour board? if its just a circuit board could i fit it myself ? i work with electronics but not PJs.

Any help would be appreciatied

2. tigerback

tigerback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok if no one can help me , any idea of a company who i could ring to get a quote , or at least an idea of cost

thanks

3. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds a bit odd, since only basically one main board, sounds a bit like LCD panel problem, but i'm pretty sure all panels are supplied as a prism block, not as single panels, which makes it an expensive exersise to repair, but ofcoarse, you will need and pay to have someone to confirm

4. Member 14847

Member 14847

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    At the very least get the seller to repair the projector before you think about buying. The SU20 was a fine machine in its day but by modern standards isn't that impressive (1200 ANSI, 250:1 contrast, SVGA) so even if it was in perfect working order it wouldn't be worth a great deal. If it's faulty then there's a fair chance that the repair will cost more than the projector is worth even once it’s in perfect working order.