1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sanyo plc-30sw and component?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ajwoodhouse, Nov 9, 2004.

1. ajwoodhouse

ajwoodhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just bought a Sanyo plc-30sw projector for a bargain price (OK not great but should be better than my 28" samsung TV!) and am trying to find a VGA to component cable for a reasonable price...any ideas? And is it worth it over s-video?

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
  3. ajwoodhouse

ajwoodhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks...did more googling and bought a 5m cable from Keene Electronics :thumbsup:

(Why a VGA to component convertor rather than HD15 to component cable...would it be better?)

4. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    A VGA output port (on a computer for instance) does not output component video, it's RGB video with H&S sync - so to get component video from such a port, you use a VGA to component video converter.

That's a little different to what you want (have bought), where you are using the HD15 (or VGA) input port on the projector to input component video from a DVD player's component video outputs (usually 3 phono connectors). The PJ can be setup in the menus to accept either component video or RGB video on it's VGA input port.

At least I think that's what you're asking :)

5. ajwoodhouse

ajwoodhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MikeK,

My Denon 2200 outputs component video via 3xRCAs.

My projector has a VGA connector for component.

I think you got it right - I don't plan to use a computer with the projector (yet) :D