sanyo ce32lc5-b

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Penfoldius, May 1, 2007.

1. Penfoldius

Penfoldius
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys i have a sanyo ce32lc5-b hd lcd tv which has a hdmi input on it and i have tried to connect my ps3 to it via hdmi but when i select the outputs from my ps3 i only get a black screen. does anyone know if this is because it doesn't support 720p and 1080i at 60hz? any help would be awesome as im having to use component atm and would like to use hdmi

2. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    If you mean http://www.techstore.co.uk/detail.php?prodLineID=66804 then it does support those modes - it's an HD Ready TV and all HD Ready TVs support them.

There have been a some people with HDMI issues.. it's all down to the copy protection which just doesn't seem to be as standard as the manufacturers would have us believe. The best thing to do is to try another HDMI source (SkyHD, DVD with HDMI, etc.) and see if the port on the TV is working.

btw. Wrong subforum - I'm sure a mod will be along in a minute to move it though.

3. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Have you tried connecting both the composite and HDMI cables then going in to display settings and changing the option to HDMI ? You can then try the HDMI option and see if it shows a picture. If it does then you can disconnect the composite cable.

4. Penfoldius

Penfoldius
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i did and when i change to 720p and 1080i checked and press x screen goes black

5. Penfoldius

Penfoldius
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i forgot to mention that i have tried games own hdmi lead for ps3 on my tv and twice i have had the black scree, if my tv supports the resolutions i have tried and i have had no success as of yet could you please recommend a hdmi i should try as i would really like to run my ps3 hdmi

6. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Although it's possible that it may be down to a faulty HDMI cable I doubt it is. It's more likely some kind of incompatibility with your TV. The only way to find out for sure is by connecting the PS3 to another HD TV and see if it works with that or not. If you want to try another HDMI cable then Play.com has one for £11.99 I believe that several people here swear by.