1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo C25PG51 wont come off standby

Discussion in 'TVs' started by phreak97, Feb 3, 2005.

1. phreak97

phreak97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    the other day i aquired a Sanyo C25PG51 [service reference: C25PG51 - 50] from a guy who said it had a standby problem and had some dry joints fixed a year or so ago.

when i turned the set on, sure enough, it went into standby and wouldnt come out. with it open, i can see that it does try to come out of standby but never makes it. the standby led becomes fractionally dimmer and the set makes a whistling noise as tv's do, but the noise has something missing.. after a second or two the tv goes back to regular standby. the video and audio never do anything at all. btw i am using ch up/down to bring it off standby as i have no remote.

also when i turn the tv off at the switch, it makes another whistling noise which wavers before dying out.. i dont know if that is normal or not.

if the problem is the standby circuit then i'd be happy enough to bypass standby completely, as it is quite useless seeing i have no remote anyway.

any help much appreciated.
    thanks