Question Sanus VMPL50 Wall plate compatibility

Mechadogzilla

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

We recently purchased a home that has a VMPL 50 wall plate installed on the wall. There are no mounting brackets for it and I have been unable to locate parts as this model is discontinued. I would ideally like to use existing wall plate to attach our tv to wall. Does anyone know of compatible mounting brackets for this. I saw that there is what appears to be newer model vmpl50 a-b1. and would order if the brackets would fit existing wall plate. Thanks in advance.

Hey Mechadogzilla,

Did you find a solution to your setup? I'm in the exact same boat. The wall plate is the discontinued VMPL50 version and the home doesn't have any of the other hardware.

Thanks!

Hey Mechadogzilla,

Did you find a solution to your setup? I'm in the exact same boat. The wall plate is the discontinued VMPL50 version and the home doesn't have any of the other hardware.

Thanks!

Have you tried contacting Sanus and asking them?

Why is this happening ? Are home removal companies taking TVs off walls for their clients and not taking the struts off the back of the TVs ? Seems a bit of a shame for the sake of a 1 minute job, as you end up with a bracket frame you can't use and they end up with TV bracket struts that they can't re-use easily, either.

Can you contact the seller to see if you can get them back ? Failing that, contacting Sanus directly (as suggested above) or eBay are going to be your only options, I would imagine.

If there is a revised version of the bracket, it's possible that the mounting holes may be in the same place so swapping them over might not be a difficult job. Doing so would also allow you to ensure that it is mounted to the wall securely. Obviously check the bracket's size and (more importantly) weight capacity are suitable for your TV.

Hello,

I ended up ordering a model vmpl50 a-b1 to try. It does not fit. I ended up just installing the newer model. I had first lookedon eBay, but no one was selling the old one at the time. I also attempted to contact Sanus but never got a reply from the company. Good product, very poor customer service. Good luck.

I did end up using same mounting holes As suggested above so was not that hard to install.

I did end up using same mounting holes As suggested above so was not that hard to install.

Oh great! If the same hole fit then that's perfect. Thanks for taking the time to get back to me on the question (and thanks to the others for their suggestions!).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom